Almost impossible to remove battery from P4

Reaction score
Just purchased a P4 and after just one flight I am delighted with the purchase (have previously owned P2; Inspire 1 and P3 pro- Definitely best so far but I wish DJI would stop bringing out new models - ha ha!!!)
Only problem I'm having is that it's almost impossible to get the battery out of the P4. I press the top and bottom buttons as hard as I can and can't get enough grip to get the battery out. Only way is to get my wife to hang onto the P4 and then I use a finger nail on my left hand to pry it out. (I don't really want to use a screw driver because that will scratch the P4 and battery.) It seems to slide back in ok - just a problem with the last 10mm where the clips are. I have not had this problem with any of my other quads.
Is anyone having this problem and if so have you a suggested solution or technique to help me out.
I have read some earlier P2 & P3 threds where owners have suggested to wipe a thin film of silicon on the battery but I'm hesitant do do that.

Reactions: KidKobe210
Looking closer you should be able to see where it is tight... if it is the clips then file the battery in the place where it is tight or the ridges at top ect ect
Be careful not to damage the battery but it has to be plastic on plastic somewhere that is making it tight or give it chance to wear, the more it goes in and out it will give more in time

Sorry fellow pilots for taking up this thred - have found a solution that works for me - See the link below.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: snowghost
I saw that video on another thread and it is great advice. It really is hard to get out with one hand.

Agree with the two handed method. Mine has also gotten easier the more flights I've flown where it's almost a nonissue now.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Ahhh - I also found it hard to pull the battery out of my P4 sometimes but I've been using the one hand on the phantom one on the battery method - will have to try this two hands on the battery and see if it's easier.

Yeah I have this problem with my P4 every second or third time I pull it out... I find after using it for the past two weeks they seem to be wearing in and getting better.

I find after squeezing the buttons to lift the battery a bit and that helps me. Wasnt there mention of using silicon lube somewhere?

I have this with my p3p. Both batterys are an absolute struggle to get out. If i have even the slightest bit of moisture on my hand its a no hope.

Just purchased a P4 and after just one flight I am delighted with the purchase (have previously owned P2; Inspire 1 and P3 pro- Definitely best so far but I wish DJI would stop bringing out new models - ha ha!!!)
Only problem I'm having is that it's almost impossible to get the battery out of the P4. I press the top and bottom buttons as hard as I can and can't get enough grip to get the battery out. Only way is to get my wife to hang onto the P4 and then I use a finger nail on my left hand to pry it out. (I don't really want to use a screw driver because that will scratch the P4 and battery.) It seems to slide back in ok - just a problem with the last 10mm where the clips are. I have not had this problem with any of my other quads.
Is anyone having this problem and if so have you a suggested solution or technique to help me out.
I have read some earlier P2 & P3 threds where owners have suggested to wipe a thin film of silicon on the battery but I'm hesitant do do that.

Off the subject but was wondering why you thought the p4 is better then the inspire 1 you had? I thought those were suppose to be the top dog....

Try my simple mod:

Try my simple mod:

That is brilliant my little brother has heaps of grip tape too. Thankyou!!!!

Off the subject but was wondering why you thought the p4 is better then the inspire 1 you had? I thought those were suppose to be the top dog....
I am a hobbyist flyer and had an Inspire 1 for a while before selling it for a P3 pro. The Inspire always seemed to attract attention (many were adverse conversations with people questioning what I was doing - privacy questions etc) Guess it was because of the size of the quad because when I bought the Phantom I've hardly had any people stopping - looks more like a toy - but of course it's definitely not. If I was flying commercially I'd probably have an Inspire because it looks impressive for customers.
The inspire was more cumbersome to transport - had to convert it every time to transport mode and remove the camera. If I was walking to a site - eg say a kilometre - it was more difficult to carry than the Phantom.
I have now sold the P3 pro and bought a P4.
Apart from the above the P4 is the best because:-
It has built in redundancy - twin IMUs and compasses
More features - obstacle avoidance, track mode, tap and go, sport mode (wow it's fast!!!)etc
When I compare the videos with the Inspire they look the same quality - photos look slightly better on P4
Build quality of P4 is MUCH better than the p3
Can hand catch P4 but not the Inspire - very useful in spots with limited level area or dirt or sand
I am amazed at how much wind the P3 &4 can handle
Only advantage I can see of the Inspire is retracting landing gear and 360 panning of camera but can do this with Phantom by just turning the quad around (which I used to do on the Inspire anyway)
P3 much cheaper than Inspire
Longer flight time with P4- I'm getting on average 19 minutes with P4 and landing with about 30% battery left whereas could only get on average 14 minutes from the Inspire @ 30%battery left.
There are probably other advantages of the P4 but they are what I can think of off the top of my bald head
I know the P4 needs a bit of fine tuning by DJI but I am sure that will happen with time and their firmware updates. (My god - I can remember how bad the Inspire was at release!!!!!)

That is brilliant my little brother has heaps of grip tape too. Thankyou!!!!
No prob, Depending on how coarse you want the grip to be, make sure to sand the grip down on a cement surface a little bit, or it's gonna cut through your skin very quickly

Sorry fellow pilots for taking up this thred - have found a solution that works for me - See the link below.

Exactly

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic