Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

1. AUSPETE

Just purchased a P4 and after just one flight I am delighted with the purchase (have previously owned P2; Inspire 1 and P3 pro- Definitely best so far but I wish DJI would stop bringing out new models - ha ha!!!)
    Only problem I'm having is that it's almost impossible to get the battery out of the P4. I press the top and bottom buttons as hard as I can and can't get enough grip to get the battery out. Only way is to get my wife to hang onto the P4 and then I use a finger nail on my left hand to pry it out. (I don't really want to use a screw driver because that will scratch the P4 and battery.) It seems to slide back in ok - just a problem with the last 10mm where the clips are. I have not had this problem with any of my other quads.
    Is anyone having this problem and if so have you a suggested solution or technique to help me out.
    I have read some earlier P2 & P3 threds where owners have suggested to wipe a thin film of silicon on the battery but I'm hesitant do do that.

KidKobe210 likes this.
  2. chris digata

Looking closer you should be able to see where it is tight... if it is the clips then file the battery in the place where it is tight or the ridges at top ect ect
    Be careful not to damage the battery but it has to be plastic on plastic somewhere that is making it tight or give it chance to wear, the more it goes in and out it will give more in time

3. peterepeat69

My p3a is hard as well

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

4. AUSPETE

Sorry fellow pilots for taking up this thred - have found a solution that works for me - See the link below.

snowghost likes this.
  5. snowghost

I saw that video on another thread and it is great advice. It really is hard to get out with one hand.

6. BriRi

Agree with the two handed method. Mine has also gotten easier the more flights I've flown where it's almost a nonissue now.

7. Remorhaz

Ahhh - I also found it hard to pull the battery out of my P4 sometimes but I've been using the one hand on the phantom one on the battery method - will have to try this two hands on the battery and see if it's easier.

8. phantom4rookie

Yeah I have this problem with my P4 every second or third time I pull it out... I find after using it for the past two weeks they seem to be wearing in and getting better.

9. Phantom Juice

I find after squeezing the buttons to lift the battery a bit and that helps me. Wasnt there mention of using silicon lube somewhere?

10. b3n

b3n

I have this with my p3p. Both batterys are an absolute struggle to get out. If i have even the slightest bit of moisture on my hand its a no hope.

11. KidKobe210

Im glad im not the only one! I'll see it gets better after some more flights.

12. sandman259

Off the subject but was wondering why you thought the p4 is better then the inspire 1 you had? I thought those were suppose to be the top dog....

13. linkmodo

Try my simple mod:

14. b3n

b3n

That is brilliant my little brother has heaps of grip tape too. Thankyou!!!!

15. AUSPETE

16. linkmodo

No prob, Depending on how coarse you want the grip to be, make sure to sand the grip down on a cement surface a little bit, or it's gonna cut through your skin very quickly

17. Ramphex

18. LuvMyTJ

LuvMyTJ ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Exactly