Almost had to change underware.!!!

Reaction score
Flying my new phantom 4 pro for the 3rd time tonight. Went out to around 1200 feet and got " weak signal message then lost it completely. Video transmission gone. Im out in the middle of nowhere very rural area. Might because I was blocking. direct line of site. I was on the back side of the house. I hit RTH button and prayed. It seemed like forever but about 30 to 45 seconds later the signal returned and it was on its way home. That was scary. Guess I better stay on the right side of the house from now on. Did this many times with my phantom 3 the same way and never lost signal like this before.

Flying my new phantom 4 pro for the 3rd time tonight. Went out to around 1200 feet and got " weak signal message then lost it completely. Video transmission gone. Im out in the middle of nowhere very rural area. Might because I was blocking. direct line of site. I was on the back side of the house. I hit RTH button and prayed. It seemed like forever but about 30 to 45 seconds later the signal returned and it was on its way home. That was scary. Guess I better stay on the right side of the house from now on. Did this many times with my phantom 3 the same way and never lost signal like this before.
Hi losts of posts of signal lost lately seems to be everwhere just about,,:eek:hopefully next update might be a good one :)

Reactions: OOO
I've been having issues with intermittent TV reception and in my car with XM reception. With the TV reception it is like the old days where someone with a strong CB transmission or antenna would interfere with TVs. Solar flares?
If you lose control signal, pressing RTH isnt going to help. However the AC will do RTH automatically when it detects a signal loss.
It does make me nervous those 30 seconds I am completely in the dark. Is it coming back? Is it? IS IT? Oh good, it's back online.
30 seconds. 3 or so to detect loss while still moving further out of range. Hover for a second or two while engaging RTH, turn, ascend, pause, start going towards home.

Yip like DanMan say rth wont work if signal lost,,yeh 30 sec hover before auto rth is activated,,it in ya settings if signal lost,,(hover,,,rth or landing i think),,30 secs that takes 60 to pass,,waiting:rolleyes:

Oh 4got to mention check rth height moved mine up to 70,,just incase that tree jumps out

It is recommended to check and adjust RTH altitude value before flying, add some height buffer, but not exagerate otherwise craft will spend too much time and battery for ascending before returning home.

I built a quadcopter using the original NAZA FCC and I **** my pants first time I flicked rth it went up maybe 50m and then came home but back then there was no cancelling to regain control by what I remember

Once again I am curious.

Why did you hit "RTH" once you had lost the signal? The bird goes into "RTH" on its own after losing the signal for 3 seconds.

If you hit RTH and it's already on its way back, wouldn't you be stopping the RTH mode and bringing the bird to a hover at its present position?

AD

Once again I am curious.

Why did you hit "RTH" once you had lost the signal? The bird goes into "RTH" on its own after losing the signal for 3 seconds.

If you hit RTH and it's already on its way back, wouldn't you be stopping the RTH mode and bringing the bird to a hover at its present position?

AD
I hit the RTH when I went into panic mode. Never happened to me before. All I wanted was to get the darn thing back. Not sure if hitting the RTH would really stop it and make it hover if it was initiated already. I have to try it out and see. Yeah it was a panic punch!!!!

Losing video feed you could still fly via gps on you app. Next time just bring it up 50' and I bet you'd get signal again. Then don't go any further ;). I also had a weaker than usual signal on Wednesday evening when I did a flight.

I thought the P4P was suppose to be intelligent enough to RTH on the same course it went out on as to avoid any obstacles?

I believe it comes straight back a the pre determined altitude you set. It doesn't follow a course just direct line of flight - if battery was low etc, it could otherwise be a problem

P4P has a new feature to return home by using same path, based on concept that if it was clear of obstacle forward, should be the same backward. Also returning this way does increase probability for the craft to reconnect with RC as during forward move it was connected for same path, until disconnect and RTH auto engage.

This is based on loggin a series of last known positions as to create Ariadne's thread !

14´45" onwards (not my video)

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl