Almost got the video I have been after since I got my phantom 4

Reaction score
So a couple weeks back I updated to dji go 4 , at that point and time I started hearing chatter about a forced geofence updating of dji software. I have been waiting to hear when it would be required or I would have done it.
I live on Puget Sound and once or twice a year an aircraft carrier goes right past my beach as do a few submarines on occasion. I noticed a few crowds of people lining the shore of the sound.So I glanced down the long inlet and sure enough an aircraft carrier was exiting its port. I go inside grab my backpack with the bird and gear and go down to the beach and set up the control and the bird, I get the sunshade on and all I can see is the page requiring me to login to my dji account,I dont know about you but I dont keep that kind of thing memorized and cluttering my head. Needless to say I did not get the photos or videos I was wanting.
They had all hands on deck outlining the edges of the carrier, it would have been some awesome video. I would also have liked to have found out if the geofence would have prevented me from flying anywere in the vicinity of a moving airfield.
captain kush

Shame that is. It would have made a great video. An opportunity missed. Haven't we all at one time or another. I know I have.

What carrier was it so I can look it up on Google?

I think it was the Nimitz.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers