Almost Fly Away from hyperspace poophole!

Reaction score
Was at our local marina today flying from the dock. Wanted to fly over some of the 150ft yachts for fun (large marina) in gps mode as to not drift into 90ft masts. Got half way down the marina bout 300m away and the thing went batshit crazy over the water.. went from 9 sats to zero and was pulling left and right full speed max tilt and losing altitude fast. Was able to recover as it got away from the spot and within seconds the sats counted back up to 9 and normal flight..

After safe landing, I spoke with marina staff about the interference and it turns out there is an area where all boats do not get gps signal, and of all places near the bathrooms at the center of the marina.. They have had the FCC come down to investigate but they could not find the source of the signal, its intermittent and not traceable. Major mystery!

mauiboy86 said:
Was at our local marina today flying from the dock. Wanted to fly over some of the 150ft yachts for fun (large marina) in gps mode as to not drift into 90ft masts. Got half way down the marina bout 300m away and the thing went batshit crazy over the water.. went from 9 sats to zero and was pulling left and right full speed max tilt and losing altitude fast. Was able to recover as it got away from the spot and within seconds the sats counted back up to 9 and normal flight..

After safe landing, I spoke with marina staff about the interference and it turns out there is an area where all boats do not get gps signal, and of all places near the bathrooms at the center of the marina.. They have had the FCC come down to investigate but they could not find the source of the signal, its intermittent and not traceable. Major mystery!

Aliens man! I'm telling ya, something is yanking on that gravity and warping space time fabric. Elvis is coming home!

Flying a Phantom over the area should go a long way to strengthen the alien theory. I can see it now on the next Monsters and Mysteries in America... Marina Dung Beings: aliens harvest poop from local marina restrooms, some say more humane than probing. :)

Mike

It seems you've finally located the Twilight Zone. :shock:

Doo doo doo doo, doo doo doo doo....

i was at a drydock area yesterday and had a similar experience. I was going to post the video soon. I know others have said it including the DJI videos but I think magnetic interference can cause serious issues.

It's all about signal bounce, you get the harmonics just right and it can cancel out each other. There are so many boats and other sources of interferences that I can easily see how this is done.

You using 2.4Ghz Phantom?

FC40 Pilot said:
You using 2.4Ghz Phantom?

Yes, but wifi was not the issue. The gps signal went from 9 satellites to ZERO and it flew very erratic. My guess is that without the sat data the computer was a bit lost on what to do. Once away from the area I was able to regain full control and all 9 sats.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj