Almost flew into a light pole .....

Awesome video, though!

Scares the K-rap out of you doesn't it. Almost hit antennas on top of a water tower a month ago when lost connection behind tower and it RTH. Still get the willies when I watch that video! :shock:

Happyflyer said:
Scares the K-rap out of you doesn't it. Almost hit antennas on top of a water tower a month ago when lost connection behind tower and it RTH. Still get the willies when I watch that video! :shock:

I'm learning rather quickly that flying RC aircraft takes time to get proper depth and height perception correct.

I thought I was going to easily clear that light pole by 20 feet when I was behind it but obviously it was a little closer than that :shock:

I almost hit a fence once a long time ago. :lol:

I think it would be really great if we could always have a "spotter" when we're flying.. all they gotta do is let me know if I'm going near anything I shouldn't since even though our cameras are really wide, we can't really see all around still. Speaking of which, that's why I never fly backwards. :lol:

I'm really tempted to put colored tape on my FPV screen so it'll look like those cameras on cars though. :lol:

auto-insurance-backup-cameras1.jpg

(Hint-hint: If someone could make this for the black pearl, I'll buy it!)

I guess I have a sadistic side because I found myself laughing my @$$ off as that video was playing. ;)

Damon said:
I guess I have a sadistic side because I found myself laughing my @$$ off as that video was playing. ;)

I'm finding out that people tend to laugh at these types of videos when it's not their $1,800 invested !! :roll:

hrosee said:
Great video! That was close though:)

I call it "white knuckle mousing" --- gripping the mouse tightly as I watch this video on my laptop screen with high anxiety flooding every neuron in my skull case!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

MadMitch88 said:
Damon said:

I'm finding out that people tend to laugh at these types of videos when it's not their $1,800 invested !! :roll:
The thread gave away the fact the bird was safe. I most likely would not have been laughing otherwise. Maybe :)

Damon said:

I guess I'll put you to the test. :twisted:

[vimeo]94710125[/vimeo]

You must've missed it by a gnats **** :shock:

UrAwFuL said:
Damon said:

I guess I'll put you to the test. :twisted:

[vimeo]94710125[/vimeo]
LOL :lol: The sound is what made me laugh.
Did his camera ribbon tear?

got all kinds of uncomfortable as I watched that... woah!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31