Allen Wrench?

Reaction score
I just sold my FC40 and bought a V2+ --- is it just me or does the V2+ not come with an allen wrench? I want to install prop guards and was expecting one to be included. I've got my own, of course, but maybe since the V2+ is all put together DJI doesn't throw in the wrench like they do on the FC40?

Keuka said:
I just sold my FC40 and bought a V2+ --- is it just me or does the V2+ not come with an allen wrench? I want to install prop guards and was expecting one to be included. I've got my own, of course, but maybe since the V2+ is all put together DJI doesn't throw in the wrench like they do on the FC40?

The one they sent is a piece of crap anyway and rounded out screws. Save the headache and get a good set there cheap.

Screwdriver - provided
Allen key - no

Prop guards are very much out of favour.
There are more negatives than positives.
You might like to re think them.

I found them useful on the FC40 which was my first quad. I don't mind using the guards - they never caused me any trouble and I actually think they make the quad look better. I relate the people who talk about guards as "training wheels" with people riding motorcycles without helmets - really "cool", until they wreck... I like to fly hard and fast at times and they've saved me plenty of times.

I recommend a good quality 2.0mm hex driver (or driver set) as well, SO much faster and easier than using a an allen "wrench", and will come in handy for years to come once you get hooked on this hobby.

(and while we're at it, make sure to only use those longer hex screws with the Prop Guards, using them without prop guards will strip your motors)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1412899494699.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1412899494699.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 296

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20