All together lets send an email..

Should DJI put an option to choose between ce and fcc on our responsibility?

• Yes. Should give us the privilege of choice.

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • No.

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Every ce user has worst signal than fcc users and we are looking ways to make it better. Like installing antennas (safer way) or hack the rc and drone to force system to fcc mode (dangerous way). Okay we installed the antenna but system can give you more if fcc mode is on but hacking the unit is dangerous bricking it. So my idea is why DJI doesn't put an option on app to LET US TAKE THE RESPONSIBILITY AND BECOME ILLEGALS :) that we can choose between ce and fcc?? If we are on ce country it will just pop up a message saying : " you are illegal if turn to fcc.you have been warned." So DJI will be OK with the law and we will do anything we want. Do you think we have to send emails all together to dji to look at it and release it on next update? This will help customers to be satisfied with the range and with not bricking their devices with difficult guides.

Every ce user has worst signal than fcc users and we are looking ways to make it better. Like installing antennas (safer way) or hack the rc and drone to force system to fcc mode (dangerous way). Okay we installed the antenna but system can give you more if fcc mode is on but hacking the unit is dangerous bricking it. So my idea is why DJI doesn't put an option on app to LET US TAKE THE RESPONSIBILITY AND BECOME ILLEGALS :) that we can choose between ce and fcc?? If we are on ce country it will just pop up a message saying : " you are illegal if turn to fcc.you have been warned." So DJI will be OK with the law and we will do anything we want. Do you think we have to send emails all together to dji to look at it and release it on next update? This will help customers to be satisfied with the range and with not bricking their devices with difficult guides.

This is silly.

In the U.S. the FCC requires that equipment sold meet U.S. radiation and other related limits/regulations to gain type acceptance.
It is similar in other parts of the world.

No petition or email will change this.

(Technically it is illegal to modify your controller with amps, antennas, etc. that enable the exceeding of the limits without the appropriate Radio License. I'm not going any further with that ;))

Reactions: BigAl07
Not going to happen. That would be creating a work around for an existing law. Talk about opening a company up to legal issues.

Sorry but I'm afraid you're "wheeing" in the wind on this one.

Yes for this reason dji will put a pop up to inform you that you are breaking the law. If sone one is going to brake the law it is preferable to do it without risking destroy his equipment by a bricking. Saw lot of us searching and trying hack the rc and for this I thought this poll.

There's just so much wrong with your thinking and logic on this that I cannot offer you anymore help other than review
"Code of Federal Regulations, Title 47, Part 15 (47 CFR 15)" to help give you some background and perspective for the US regs.

Like I said there is similar 'rules' in other parts of the world which you'll have to discover for your corner of the globe.

I'm on the same page with the last two posts. I'm sure by law they have to sell equipment that is within the legal limits of that country and to be able to override that was nothing more than a flip of a switch or a push of a button I'm sure would not be allowed. Antenna mods are not going to break your system, unless you're just doing something that your not comfortable with. It seems like you're putting the fault on the manufacturer and not the entity that made those laws in the country you reside, if anything a petition should be focused on changing the laws in your region.

i can understand that there is you that you want to go with the law but there are others that have sent hundreds of posts in other thread trying to hack the fw to flip from ce to fcc.

i can understand that there is you that you want to go with the law but there are others that have sent hundreds of posts in other thread trying to hack the fw to flip from ce to fcc.

But you understand an individual "hacking" the FW is one thing but a manufacturer creating a law break loophole is an entirely other topic. By all means send the email but don't bet your whole paycheck on a positive outcome or even a reply from them other than an automated "We got it and you're important to us" reply.

Safe flights and welcome to the forum :)

But you understand an individual "hacking" the FW is one thing but a manufacturer creating a law break loophole is an entirely other topic. By all means send the email but don't bet your whole paycheck on a positive outcome or even a reply from them other than an automated "We got it and you're important to us" reply.

Safe flights and welcome to the forum :)
thanks for the welcome.i dont think that they are going to do anything but a try is a try.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigAl07
I'm sorry just move to the usa and you wont have to worry about it

OK guy's
I just cleaned some post from this and there will be no more .
We don't talk politics here and we don't get insulting to other members .
Think.jpg

OK guy's
I just cleaned some post from this and there will be no more .
We don't talk politics here and we don't get insulting to other members .
View attachment 66687
Yes I agree, no politics. That should also included not disparaging another country's politicians or candidates. Also not disparaging another person's country, remarks I've read a few times on this forum. A common one is during a discussion about CE vs FCC mode someone will say "you could just move to the US" in a light-hearted way. And there will be a reply saying "if you move there you should bring your gun or Glock." That second post is disparaging to us in the USA.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Before this goes off the rails as we all know it will, lets just close this up.
As always, the forum does not agree with circumventing the laws.
If you really want something to be done about it petition your law makers to change the law.

IMG_0308.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1