All signal lost except strong GPS signal

AAC

Reaction score
I was flying under waypoints mode guided by 8-10 Satellites in a park, this morning. After it took off and flew away 300 feet distance, all signal on my cell phone lost except the strong GPS signal.
It was under Naza mode. I clicked the Go Home on Ground Station, it said connection lost. Something like GS signal failed, what is GS signal ?
I flipped down S1 to failsafe, S2 to HL, nothing happened. On cell phone display, it was flying to next waypoints. It seems that I lost control of it despite it's performing waypoints flying.
My questions are :
1) why I was not able to call it home, failsafe or home lock or Go Home on ground station, all failed.
2) why it kept flying to each waypoints when all connection signal were failed ?
3) what can I do to bring it home immediately if I don't feel comfortable when all connection signals are lost during the waypoints flying ?

Thanks.

All of the route data was uploaded to the Quad before it took off. If you are not able to regain control via remote signal, it is going to complete the GS Waypoints.

Elwood58 said:
All of the route data was uploaded to the Quad before it took off. If you are not able to regain control via remote signal, it is going to complete the GS Waypoints.
THAT IS VERY COOL! I had been wondering about this for some time, but no one answered my questions (that I know of). Now here is evidence that it does upload the route and doesn't need the remote control to complete its mission. I like this immensely! This is way better than being able to bring it home. It is already planning on coming home! Fantastic!

Thank you Elwood58.
Same to me. I didn't know this fantastic feature. Every time when it's far away or out of sight or showing lost signal or connection, I was panic and didn't know what to do next.
But what about the HL or Failsafe features ? Are they not applicable in WayPoints mode ? Just in CL mode ?
If lost signal or connection happens in CL mode flying ? Then, how to get it back ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31