Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

All of a sudden wifi is weaker

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Discussion' started by BlackTracer, Apr 3, 2014.

1. BlackTracer

So I did the repeater mod to allow connection of an external antenna. I am using using this antenna: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alfa-7-dBi-gain ... 0562890247. It worked very well earlier this week as I had improved connection and it never dropped with the P2V out to 1200' distance and 500' elevation. Had 3-4 wifi bars the whole time.

Then yesterday when I took it out, I noticed only 3 out of 4 bars when it was right in front of me before takeoff. It weakened as it flew away and I lost video feed intermittently although telemetry continued. I only flew to around 500' out. The connection never did break, however I was reduced to no bars at some point. I pointed the antenna at the P2V just as I had the previous good flight. Same location in a large open park area.

I went home and did some testing. First I opened the repeater to make sure the antenna wire had not come loose and all was ok. I tested switching antenna connectors on the board, a second pigtail I have, reinstalling the vision app, and even a 5dBi TPlink omni. Nothing changed. Even when the repeater is 2 inches from the camera I get only 3 bars.

Only thing I haven't tried is reinstalling the camera firmware. I will try that later today.

All my firmware and software is up to date. This is looking to me like the camera is at fault but I just wanted to check here for any ideas.

2. BlackTracer

Bump. Anyone?