All-in-One firmware Version: v1.6.80

In case it was looked over in my previous post, when I updated after it initially came out, my problem on my P3 4k model of serious disconnects (it didn't matter if the Phantom was directly in front of me or not) that popped up continually has gone away. It's a solid link now. Also, the "poor signal" message in the App where you can check if your RC signal is good or poor is now reading a solid "good" at all times. Before the update I tried everything from different antenna angles, WindSurfers, being directly in front of the Phantom, behind it, beside it, etc etc, and nothing worked to prevent the disconnect message which also killed all video feed making it near impossible to see anything, but I never actually lost control of the Phantom. But now it's solid as a rock. Just my experience so far. Range, without WindoSurfers on my P3 4k has now been up to 4200' at an Altitude of 385'.

Last edited:
Reactions: DukeDiablo
That's good to hear. It gives me more confidence to update my Phantom :)

In case it was looked over, when I updated after it initially came out, my problem on my P3 4k model of serious disconnects (it didn't matter if the Phantom was directly in front of me or not) that popped up continually has gone away. It's a solid link now. Also, the "poor signal" message in the App where you can check if your RC signal is good or poor is now reading a solid "good" at all times. Before the update I tried everything from different antenna angles, WindSurfers, being directly in front of the Phantom, behind it, beside it, etc etc, and nothing worked to prevent the disconnect message which also killed all video feed making it near impossible to see anything, but I never actually lost control of the Phantom. But now it's solid as a rock. Just my experience so far. Range, without WindoSurfers on my P3 4k has now been up to 4200' at an Altitude of 385'.

Reactions: arcaine25
photo synchronisation doesnt work with android version

The firmware listed isn't related to the Go App, which I assume you are referring to? I am running 2.8 on Android, and my photos sync to the Tablet as well as my Android phone without issue, and I am running this firmware release.

Mines still sitting there screaming at me. Tried all morning again.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Quick flight tonight after updating over weekend and everything is good.

Range still the same but not sure wether the video is returning any quicker to be fair.

Hope this helps

Just so everyone knows, the first time it got stuck at 60% for a very long time. I turned off the bird, turned off the RC, and killed the app on the phone. I turned everything back on and started over, it was successful the 2nd time. I re calibrated the IMU, gimble, and compass and did a nice flight--all is well.

Just so everyone knows, the first time it got stuck at 60% for a very long time. I turned off the bird, turned off the RC, and killed the app on the phone. I turned everything back on and started over, it was successful the 2nd time. I re calibrated the IMU, gimble, and compass and did a nice flight--all is well.
That should help some others out, but what is a long time? 10 mins, 20 mins, 1 hr, 2 hrs, 1 day, 2 low tides and 2 high tides or 1 trip around the sun?
;)

Last edited:
Reactions: arcaine25

Exact same for me at 60%. I was stuck for about 5 min. I still need to calibrate the IMU and Gimbal though.

Edit: After re-installing DJI Go, the app said I have firmware 1.8.6 or whatever this latest release is. I guess it was just an issue of the app updating.

Hey everyone. My app is telling me that I have:

- App version is 2.8.1
- Firmware is 1.2.40+

I'm not being prompted to upgrade my firmware. My P3S came last Wednesday, and it upgraded when I authorized it. It sounds like I'm quite a few versions behind. What can I do?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Is it normal to not have to update all of my batteries? I did the update, flew until for a bit, switched to another battery and was not prompted to update again. Should I be concerned?

Hey everyone. My app is telling me that I have:

- App version is 2.8.1
- Firmware is 1.2.40+

I'm not being prompted to upgrade my firmware. My P3S came last Wednesday, and it upgraded when I authorized it. It sounds like I'm quite a few versions behind. What can I do?

Thanks.
Leave it if it fly's, you can always update later. I just say this because I have been looking through my notes and picts. I had 1.2.40+ at one time, trying to put it all together.

Is it normal to not have to update all of my batteries? I did the update, flew until for a bit, switched to another battery and was not prompted to update again. Should I be concerned?
I think when you insert another or new or older battery, the Phantom will update the battery. Nobody has told me I am wrong.
;)

Leave it if it fly's, you can always update later. I just say this because I have been looking through my notes and picts. I had 1.2.40+ at one time, trying to put it all together.

Will do. It flies great! I can only get about 1000' at 300' elevation, but other than that, everything is awesome. It was mentioned in another thread I started that the firmware might be the reason I can't access the intelligent flight modes.

Mine didn't prompt either for an update after swapping to a different battery. RodPad had also told me about the battery updating automatically so I'm assuming that is correct since we're not getting notified.

Mines at the repair shop. It will be on ebay when fixed

Update failed first time. Left drone in a state of constant LOUD beeping. Finally got it working again last night. Mine did TWO updates and I had to wipe the SD card between each update.

Things to look for:-

1) It takes the App a while to realize that there is an update available. Set iPhone, Remote and Drone in a soundproofed room, go away, come back when it's ready.

2) It pauses for a long time at 40%. Don't give up!

3) You may have to update more than once to complete the process.

4) After each update wipe the SD card because if you end up having to do a two-step update like me it will fail if the first is not cleaned off.

5) After the update you will have to recalibrate the compass (yellow flashing lights on front).

It's pretty crazy that the drone beeps so loudly to tell you something is wrong but the iPhone app doesn't show any bad status (other than the batteries which were shown as empty). The app thought it was ready to fly when it was in that bad beeping state!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20