All-in-One firmware Version: v1.6.80

I updated on Tuesday, it took about 10 minutes. Did a flight on Wednesday, no issues.

I disagree that it will keep from flying if you don't update. I think this screen might be a little misleading.:eek:
View attachment 53899
Anyway, If I am wrong, I will post.

I can only post from my experiences when I owned a standard, and from what I read at that time. This was in August of last year. A firmware update came available, it said so on the App screen, then said update required. Fearing issues with the firmware, I chose not to install it. After 3 or so days, I cannot recall how many, I was physically unable to arm the motors via the App or stick commands, and yes, I tried MULTIPLE times and "reboots". I then read somewhere that it will ground the bird until you update, so naturally I updated the firmware and was able to fly after that. I will try and find the post.

I've had one failed update. It went to 60 and failed. Then made a horrendous beeping that we placed it in another room to resume. So far updating a second time and the phantom is making a crazy beeping.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yeah, mine did that too, second time was a success.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I can only post from my experiences when I owned a standard, and from what I read at that time. This was in August of last year. A firmware update came available, it said so on the App screen, then said update required. Fearing issues with the firmware, I chose not to install it. After 3 or so days, I cannot recall how many, I was physically unable to arm the motors via the App or stick commands, and yes, I tried MULTIPLE times and "reboots". I then read somewhere that it will ground the bird until you update, so naturally I updated the firmware and was able to fly after that. I will try and find the post.
Thanks for your update, and here is my first time, August 2015.

Phantom 3-Std Weak Remote Signal

Then again, and the replacement I just tested last night seems to be back to normal.

Ok guys, just to confirm that the 1.6.80 update is available for Europe. I'm in Lithuania and my P3S is ready for update. But after reading mixed opinions on range drop, I've decided not to rush with an update install. Every time i turn on my Phantom, DJI Go app reminds and requires :) me to update, but I still can fly my Phantom w/o issues, so in my case the update does not restrict ability to use my quad with an old firmware.

Reactions: AngryBird
Ok guys, just to confirm that the 1.6.80 update is available for Europe. I'm in Lithuania and my P3S is ready for update. But after reading mixed opinions on range drop, I've decided not to rush with an update install. Every time i turn on my Phantom, DJI Go app reminds and requires :) me to update, but I still can fly my Phantom w/o issues, so in my case the update does not restrict ability to use my quad with an old firmware.
Sveikas DukeDiablo, kuriam Lietuvos kampely skraidai?

I`ve just updated. No issues, test fly tomorrow.

Do you recalibrate RC and IMU after this update?

Sveikas, skraidau sostineje.

Not sure about RC calibration, but IMU calibration is highly recommended i guess.

Sveikas DukeDiablo, kuriam Lietuvos kampely skraidai?

I`ve just updated. No issues, test fly tomorrow.

Do you recalibrate RC and IMU after this update?

Realistically, I doubt that people who had a success in their upgrade adventures will read this thread, since once all goes well you rarely sit and read forums (thanks for the exceptions who give us a bit of hope), you just go and fly :D

I uploaded my flight logs on HD, and I've flown my P3S only to 240m so far, and I can see that my signal score is 100% without even one signal loss in all flights, and I am afraid to upgrade cause I don't want to loose my range... which so far seems ok (I'll increase it I promise :D step by step).

I propose for the ones who are planing to upgrade, to first measure their range with the old firmware and then upgrade (if you want of course) and do another measure of the max distance, so we can have something to compare with, and know if all those rumors of lower range are true or just rumors.

Like I said, I can only speak for my experience in August of last year, and what I read from other users experiencing the exact same issue at the same time I had the issue. Is it possible it was a bug at the time? Absolutely, could it be gone after the time I updated back in August? Yup, indeed it could. I got rid of my standard for an advanced shortly after, but my "paranoia" caused me to dedicate a device only to the Phantoms, and I wouldn't have done so from something I made up out of thin air nor would i have done so had i not read the exact words I typed somewhere else. Just my $0.02

Last edited:
Ok, so after I updated here are the things I've noticed (I flew in a open field where I've flew previously), but however, I did just realize I forgot to calibrate the IMU after updating which I believe is generally recommended (maybe that will change results??):

- I have a better GPS signal
- Range was the same (however, I kept getting strong interference warnings, I kept the drone in sights, I flew about 3,000 feet out still had full RC signal)
- Video was a little more choppy than previous flights

**Keep in mind I've only owned it for a little over a week so I'm doing the best I can explaining the results I noticed

Reactions: StefanMK

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20