All-in-One firmware Version: v1.6.80

I installed it the other day on my P3 4k. No more lost connection messages (they happened randomly for no reason, in clear line of site) and while I was getting 3400ft consistently, the other day I got over 4100ft out with this update, and that was without the windsurfers on... It feels like this update fixed some serious connection issues with the Standard / 4k models. It installed without issue.

Good to know! Maybe I will consider updating soon ... Although I haven't had any connection issues on my current firmware.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

You have only a few days of not upgrading allowed before they force the upgrade, permanently grounding your bird until you do so. Before I sold my standard (to buy an advanced) I absolutely did NOT connect my ipad to the internet ever, so it couldn't check for an update. I enjoyed how it flew, no issues, so I didn't want any upgrades. The iPad is used strictly for Phantoms, so therefore I didn't have a need other than initially to download the app and the initial firmware (last year in August i believe). after acquiring the Advanced, I followed the same idea, although it updates through USB sticks, not the app..
I decided to get a P3 4k after getting my P4 for a "bang around" quad / aerial bird, but I connect it to my Samsung Tab, which of course has internet access, and of course that means when firmware is released, the app knows it, then prompts you. I think you have like 3 or 5 days, or something like that, but once you get prompted, if you do not, you will no longer be able to fly after whatever the set time is, until you upgrade. If you can afford it, once you get the upgrade installed, I would dedicate a device to nothing but the Phantom (meaning no internet, no anything other than DJI Go) if you don't like upgrading often.

You have only a few days of not upgrading allowed before they force the upgrade, permanently grounding your bird until you do so. Before I sold my standard (to buy an advanced) I absolutely did NOT connect my ipad to the internet ever, so it couldn't check for an update. I enjoyed how it flew, no issues, so I didn't want any upgrades. The iPad is used strictly for Phantoms, so therefore I didn't have a need other than initially to download the app and the initial firmware (last year in August i believe). after acquiring the Advanced, I followed the same idea, although it updates through USB sticks, not the app..
I decided to get a P3 4k after getting my P4 for a "bang around" quad / aerial bird, but I connect it to my Samsung Tab, which of course has internet access, and of course that means when firmware is released, the app knows it, then prompts you. I think you have like 3 or 5 days, or something like that, but once you get prompted, if you do not, you will no longer be able to fly after whatever the set time is, until you upgrade. If you can afford it, once you get the upgrade installed, I would dedicate a device to nothing but the Phantom (meaning no internet, no anything other than DJI Go) if you don't like upgrading often.

It's not that I don't like upgrading, but I've only owned mine for about a week now and all I hear is horror stories when updating the firmware. This is why I'm hesitant on updating.

It's not that I don't like upgrading, but I've only owned mine for about a week now and all I hear is horror stories when updating the firmware. This is why I'm hesitant on updating.

I don't blame you, nor was I saying you should or shouldn't (was quoting and replying to RodPad), it's personal preference at the time of choosing, but what I was saying is that DJI Go app will NOT allow you to fly after a few days of being alerted to upgrade your firmware. Last I remember is that you have 3 days after it tells you to upgrade to do so, and if not you cannot arm the motors. This is why I chose a device EXCLUSIVELY for the Phantom and nothing else, and disabled WiFi (iPad mini 2 WiFi only model) so that it wouldn't connect to the net and search for updates... this is the way around it.

I don't blame you, nor was I saying you should or shouldn't (was quoting and replying to RodPad), it's personal preference at the time of choosing, but what I was saying is that DJI Go app will NOT allow you to fly after a few days of being alerted to upgrade your firmware. Last I remember is that you have 3 days after it tells you to upgrade to do so, and if not you cannot arm the motors. This is why I chose a device EXCLUSIVELY for the Phantom and nothing else, and disabled WiFi (iPad mini 2 WiFi only model) so that it wouldn't connect to the net and search for updates... this is the way around it.
This is the first time (well, second time since you typed it earlier in this thread) that I've heard that the f/W upgrade is forced on you. I've read numerous threads where users are choosing to stick with their current f/w, and not upgrade.
You're saying they are all using air-gapped (non internet connected) devices?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

This is the first time (well, second time since you typed it earlier in this thread) that I've heard that the f/W upgrade is forced on you. I've read numerous threads where users are choosing to stick with their current f/w, and not upgrade.
You're saying they are all using air-gapped (non internet connected) devices?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

No, users that have pro and advanced P3 models have to download the firmware on a flash stick and upgrade that way (that's how I must do my advanced) but users of the standard, 4k (non professional 4k) and P4 (my P4 does an Internet check and upgrades via app, hence why I use my iPad for the P4 exclusively ) are done via an Internet check through a connected device. No connection, no check. I can't say that if before connecting your phantom you disable internet it won't do a check, but I'm not only email for risking it initially.

Good to know! Maybe I will consider updating soon ... Although I haven't had any connection issues on my current firmware.

. Tested today.. normal flight with new firm. Signal improve
Also before on about status my controler version say Not available. Now all detected .

I updated, took twice, first time failed. After rebooting it made some loud noises like some have mentioned, but it finished successfully, I'll test fly it tomorrow!

Strange .. some pilots fail than sucsess. Some normal firsttime.
Maybe different region different hardware type inside the bird ?

Still no clear answers either updating or not,except from two guys....
What to do,what to do.....Lol
I'm being very skeptic at the moment.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Updated this morning first time no issues, took around 5-10 mins to complete.

Not had a chance to fly yet but hopefully all is well. Located in UK so update is available here too.

I disagree that it will keep from flying if you don't update. I think this screen might be a little misleading.:eek:
IMG_6177.JPG
Anyway, If I am wrong, I will post.

I've had one failed update. It went to 60 and failed. Then made a horrendous beeping that we placed it in another room to resume. So far updating a second time and the phantom is making a crazy beeping.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl