All-in-One firmware Version: v1.6.80 Bricked my Bird

Reaction score
Ok, tried to update firmware on my P3S and firmware failed. It downloaded fine but during installation it got stuck at 50% then it indicated it failed. Tried to install again but when i powered up the bird I get a loud steady Beep and no way to install. Called dji and they are asking me to send it in. Thought before I send it in I might try the group and see if anyone has a solution. Graduation cap firmware downgrade shows nothing available. The "about" screen in the app says "version not available". The gimble shows steady green light. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance

I tried the SD card update but that didn't work. I'm going to try it again this evening.
Just so I'm straight on the SD card trick......
1. reformat card FAT 32 on a desktop machine
2. copy .bin file back to card @ root level
3. insert card into camera and start bird
4. wait and hope

Good luck bro .. bin file same one or different firmware? If same try other.. maybe corrupt file ..

I tried the SD card update but that didn't work. I'm going to try it again this evening.
I've seen a lot of people attempt this. None have been successful.

I'll bet you will need to send it in and get charged for it. Haven't seen many things fixed by DJI as they will always find a way to say you did it.

I've seen a lot of people attempt this. None have been successful.
I tried it and it didn't work. Am working a ticket now with DJI on this problem. I just got it new on Thursday and ran the update before I tried to fly. Should of waited I suppose to see how the update went for others. Just a bit impatient at the moment. Msinger do you have any idea what DJI is doing for this issue? Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Msinger do you have any idea what DJI is doing for this issue?
I'm assuming they will either reflash the firmware or send you a refurbished unit if it's a hardware issue.

Reactions: captainmilehigh
I'm assuming they will either reflash the firmware or send you a refurbished unit if it's a hardware issue.
Hopefully it's a firmware update. Not too happy with the refurbished idea. This bird is brand new Thursday fresh off the UPS truck. It hasn't been off the ground yet except for the compass dance a few times. Thanks for your insight though. Patience is not one of my strong points.

The SD-card (with .BIN file) update procedure worked for me on the P3S (had the same loud sound). Saved me from sending the bird to DJI.

This was with firmware prior to 1.3.0050...
Formatting the SD-card in the bird is crucial though, it won't work if formatted in your computer. Been there....

/Per

Reactions: captainmilehigh
The SD-card (with .BIN file) update procedure worked for me on the P3S (had the same loud sound). Saved me from sending the bird to DJI.

This was with firmware prior to 1.3.0050...
Formatting the SD-card in the bird is crucial though, it won't work if formatted in your computer. Been there....

/Per
I'll have to try that one. Thanks.

You will have to connected to the bird, to format in the bird, you might try to delete files on SD card instead. Also try starting the Phantom with out the card. Who Knows:rolleyes:

No joy on the formatting the sd card. But, somehow I got connection ( for about 20 seconds) and tried the auto-takeoff button on the Go app ( the r/c 'start motors" thing wasn't working) and the motors started. Very glad I read other posts concerning troubleshooting these situations and had the props OFF during this test. While the motors were running I tried the left stick deal, and the CSC deal to shut the motors down, but they kept running. Hmmm. Finally had to shut battery off to stop them. Who knows where this P3S would have ended up if the props had been on. Probably somewhere between lost and found. [emoji849]

Left stick, I don't think it would work, you never were in the air, it uses the barometer to tell itself when it has landed. If you want to try the procedure, lift in the air above your head use the lock down on the left control, bring down a couple feet slowly, it should power down in about 3 secs if you hold it still.

If you put props on tether it with 15'-20' strong string, or lite rope.

As a follow up, I rounded up what I needed to check the sd card in the bird. There is nothing on the card. No files of any kind. Checked another card from a wrecked P3S and it had update files and a large.bin file that I could not open. And yes, I tried this card in the new Phantom and still no joy. That new DJI update for the Go app really scrambled stuff this time. And, ......NO PROPS till I know it's right. Anyway, thanks for the suggestions RodPad.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.