All australia phantom flyers casa proposed deregulation. BUT

Re: All australia phantom flyers casa proposed deregulation.

60 Mins piece was all superficial gee-whiz puffery - no substance and nothing new.
If you missed it - you didn't miss anything.

At least it wasn't something that demonises us and makes the public more fearful of us

It was clearly just copy and paste of an american story but with a local segment at the start and aussie voiced

The following LINK was emailed to us (14/08/2014) by the UAV dept of CASA in response to our inquiring. I was thinking of doing some certificates to gain the credentials. I was put off by the $7000.00 price tag. I'd be more than happy if the proposed rules went ahead. I think some business's that utilize drone technology, would also be happy with the proposed laws.

http://www.casa.gov.au/scripts/nc.dll?W ... =PC_102028

Even if I don't fly a drone to make money - I still like to know the laws - I can see the laws being tightened, regardless of the positive approach it now seems to be - but hope to make the most out of them for now.
I have to admit since being out in public flying myself - there is room for objections on a lot of fronts. I really hope the clowns don't *&^% it up for the rest of us following the laws. I'm really inspired by some of the forum users web pages. As an enthusiast with photography I'm just happy to have a new tool. It's pretty amazing tech around for social media which makes me wonder on micro drones - even better for my kind of photography.

here's hoping to the proposed rules ...

Anyone that read this thread would have seen the ACUO's submission against the proposed new rules regarding multicopters under 2 kg. The licensed operators, having paid $10K or so to fly commercially legally are keen to protect their business from competition from the cheap end of town. Their proposed rules would keep recreational flyers grounded.

Well they have been exercising their overactive imaginations again on the security threat posed by affordable quadcopters and how this requires strict regulations. They left out an explanation of how strict regulations will prevent the bad guys from doing bad things - even if the scenario they describe is far fetched and probably impossible with current technology.

Read it for a laugh .. or cry.
These guys are flying multicopters commercially but resent anyone else having fun with a cheap quad and are looking for excuses to regulate us way more than the relevant authority CASA would ever dream of.

http://www.suasnews.com/2014/08/30611/w ... challenge/

I doubt the threat they describe is possible but it is the product of a sick mind and I don't think it's something they should have put into print.

An online sort of test would be good like you can get with learners permits for driving cars or bikes. A few rules are then established and you'd get a better educated flyer. I'm in VIC but I haven't seen any sort of fly by with regards to real estate. Not sure what it's like in the other states.

I'm not even against some sort of licence that you can carry with you. Would certainly make it easier when explaining to people when you are flying around what you are doing is legal and vice versa for people to check if you are actually a responsible flyer.

Too much talk of restrictions and not enough talk of education in my opinion.

I'm sorry to say, but after our inquiry - we have been told that Realtors our now being approached a second time not to hire people without the licences.

I kind of feel bad now for having inquired. None the less though - I'm all for courses - BUT - it should be affordable and not exploited by those who care more for money than they really do about safety.

Unfortunately owning a license does not make one responsible - but it's a good start. Again - I hope when it does come, that they make it affordable for the wider community.

Edit - I kind of agree with your thinking regarding the money spinners Meta4 ... I think your dead right there ... although I like the idea of having a license in my pocket.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20