All about propellers

Reaction score
Hello,

I recently bought a phantom 2 and on the day one, I crashed it...well, it tipped to one side when landing.
I didn't have my prop guards on so two of the four propellers were hitting the side of a side walk, unable to move (tries to spin but constantly hitting)..hopefully that makes sense!
Anyways, it was like that for about 5 seconds and I turned it off.

Afterwards, I brought the ship inside and turned it back on. As a bit of an overly obsessed person, I noticed few things about the props.
- one of the props actually sits higher than the rest, can see it when you look at all of them at the eye level.
- one of the props spins a bit unevenly. when you see it at the eye level, the end of the prop makes two lines due to wobbling effect. This is reduced when I rev it up. but still two lines.
same thing was happening after I switched new props in. I haven't flown it since so, not sure if it has any impact...

Now I'm wondering if this is normal. or perhaps it was due to that "crash", or perhaps I have a defected one, or maybe it doesn't matter (will find out the next time I fly it I guess..) Could you help me out?

I maybe too obsessed. but just want to make sure my new aircraft is in a good condition :)
Thank you!

You are to obssesed, lol, if the propellers dont make any noise when you turn them by hand or a motor is loose, then go out and enjoy, just becareful to practice first, dont get to cocky, jejej, and put those guards on for the time being

Sana

How does the video look?

if things look ok, just keep on flying (not crashing) and enjoy

If you're experiencing noticeable jello,. then I would definitely consider having a look at that one prop/motor, bring it to your local dealer/hobby shop if one is nearby that could take a look at it. wouldn't cost you too much money to swap out for new parts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers