Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Alititude reading on phone APP incorrect

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by rcrosby78, Jun 23, 2014.

1. rcrosby78

The altitude reading on my DJI phone APP is reading a negative 20 feet while sitting on the ground before takeoff. I am in Phoenix and I don't believe I am below sea level if that is how it works. Is there a way to recalibrate it to zero before flight so that the altitude readings are correct?

2. Mori55

No I don't think so. In just about at see level, just a couple of feet higher and that's what it shows. It won't affect anything when flying or landing.
    Is try another device. My iphone and Ipad are pretty close but when I hooked a asus memo book my distance was 800' off.

3. Sasquatch

I'm having a similar issue, only my app is reporting my PV2+ being about 15-20 feet higher than it is at any given moment. It's the only telemetry that seems to be way off....

I asked about this before, but nobody replied to my inquiry. I had wondered if it was because I initially calibrated my compass while I was on the second floor of my 2 story home....I don't know. I've had difficulty recalibrating the compass ever since but my bird still seems to fly and perform well in 'phantom mode'.