Alfa Panels POsitioning

Reaction score
Hi guys just installed the alfa panels along with the argtek bracket thing. Bought off a member on here. Not really had a chance to test out of town yet. But its looking good on some local flights.

So my question is what is the correct/best positioning of them and what way to have the alfa logo facing. My thoughts are all facing the bird as was told by the member I bought from, but i've read this could be wrong.

Any input on this would be greatly appreciated or even pics if you can. Thanks.

Alfa logo should be facing toward your drone (be it upward or outward). Orientation... that'll bring up a lot of debate. :D A lot depends on the type of flying you do and if you are trying to "punch" out as far as possible in a straight flight line or if you are wanting the broadest long range coverage.

Somewhat common thought is to try to imagine a bubble sitting on each panel. For broad coverage, you want the two bubbles to intersect as little as possible. Maybe canted outward about 15 degrees or so. "Punching" long range, you want to "aim" the top center of each bubble to intersect each other at your target distance.

Others will say always flat forward and tilted vertically toward your opimum altitude.

Again, though... it really depends on your flying habits. Play around with them and find what works for you.

Alfa logo should be facing toward your drone (be it upward or outward). Orientation... that'll bring up a lot of debate. :D A lot depends on the type of flying you do and if you are trying to "punch" out as far as possible in a straight flight line or if you are wanting the broadest long range coverage.

Somewhat common thought is to try to imagine a bubble sitting on each panel. For broad coverage, you want the two bubbles to intersect as little as possible. Maybe canted outward about 15 degrees or so. "Punching" long range, you want to "aim" the top center of each bubble to intersect each other at your target distance.

Others will say always flat forward and tilted vertically toward your opimum altitude.

Again, though... it really depends on your flying habits. Play around with them and find what works for you.

Thanks for the quick reply, yeah that makes sense. I'll give them a test when and if this wind ever goes away.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20