Alberta Flyers Group -winged.nuts-

I have been pushing my bird after installing my fpvlr srage 2's. Very addicting. Ran it out to 1.3km judging by flytrex. Still solid signal on both frequencies.

1.7km today. Got the no enough battery to return home warning. Chickened out and brought it back only to still have 75% left. Was flying fast so may have dipped voltage a bit. Hit 81.5km/h. New records for me.

Olds Alberta here. Have had my p2v+ for two weeks now and have only flown it four times, but as the weather warms i will fly it more.

Hi,
In the Alberta Capital also, yes in Edmonton here too...
Enjoy flying quads, helicopters, and looking forward to picking up my new DJI Phantom 3 Professional, from our local Great Hobbies store this coming week.

Come fly, come fly away, with me... ;-)

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
Anyone from Calgary? I'm planning to get a P3. Just moved here a couple of years ago. I'm wondering if there is an ordinance here prohibiting the use of drone? Thanks

Live in Wainwright and picked up a Phantom 3 Pro on the 20th of May, haven't destroyed it yet so that's a good sign.

Rural area, so a lot of wheat fields and the river valley - makes for nice flying.

Reactions: acherman
Finally got my Phantom today and it is the best $1000+ I ever spent. It performs so well. Only problems so far is a bit of choppiness and corruption of the video stream here and there. I've only been flying it around my neighborhood and reviewing the video, I've gotten catches that I didn't even see such as people waving to it in their driveway. Had one neighbor ask me to check his gutters to see if they needed cleaning haha. Just awesome so far. Even with all the wifi interference around, it still went very far.

Reactions: acherman
Hi,

I just posted to meet in Edmonton, AB before I saw this thread.....doh. Would like to meet phantom users and head out flying before we get hit with snow if anyone is up to it.

Red deer newbie here

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik