Alarm or Siren?

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of a product that would make a noise when the battery is running low? I lost my P3P in a field with hip deep grass and could not find it. I watched the video feed on my phantom, but could not figure out where it was. If there was a buzzer, or chime that would activate when you hit 5%, it might be very helpful in tracking down lost crafts. It already makes a noise on power up, wouldn't it be easy to add that feature?

Probably not a bad idea to have it chirp when it automatically lands.

I'm at a loss on how this can happen if one is paying attention. If you are lost when flying, you should probably have one of the customized buttons the map button. Once pressed you should easily see where you are and where the P3 is. A line is drawn between the two for a direct flight back. If for some reason the map is blank, you should pre-cache the map before you fly.

5%!!! Whenever I hit 30% battery remaining, I'm heading back home asap.

Never fly a phantom to that low battery % unless intentionally doing so to run down your battery. You should be back home and landed by 15-20% at the very least

Reactions: snowghost
Put a tracker on it, i use the RF V16 Tracker which you can call if lost in long grass or a tree for example and it plays a pretty loud continuous chime, of course you can also track it live via an app on your phone or just text it for its location.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

A review on the rf v16 tracker. http://blog.sam-thompson.info/rf-v16-gps-tracker-guide/

I'm guessing that he wasn't flying all the way to 5%, but once it landed and eventually reached 5% that an alarm would go off.

I'm guessing that he wasn't flying all the way to 5%, but once it landed and eventually reached 5% that an alarm would go off.
That is correct. I was looking for an hour and 1/2 when it finally died. It had it's freak out at 69%, when I decided to bring it down safely in a field rather than risk bringing it over water. I am speaking of a real world practicality of having this feature be enabled. It is possible, and would make helping to find the bird easier.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic