Alarm - Motor output lowered, or similar...

Reaction score
I seem to often get an alarm pop up saying something along the lines of "motor output lowered" what could be causing this?

Tah

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I think it has something to do with the firmware for the batteries, where it "limits" the output of the motors when the software detects an issue with a particular cell, or overall battery performance.

I have not seen the message myself, but have read about it here.

One of the motors is trying to draw too much current from one of the ESCs. The ESCs are designed to monitor and regulate the current.

This is not technically true.

As the a/c is flying, it is the voltage percentage based on the remaining battery voltage. You will receive a message stating a propulsion reduction. At this point don't fly at full throttle and pay very close attention to the voltage reading for the battery.

Last edited:
Correct. That's the message I got once when I landed to close to my folding chair, and the bird was screaming at me.
Ok, general observations from reported motor and ESC faulure modes (cooked windings and open circuit mosfets) suggest current limitation in locked rotor conditions Is, to the extent it is implemented, not particularly effective.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers