Airspace around hospital helipads

Reaction score
How do I figure out the airspace class around a hospital helipad? Hospital helipads are shown on the charts, simply as the name of the hospital, followed by (R), then with a number (which I assume is above ground elevation). Thanks!

What's airspace class?

I'm still new at reading aviation charts. If there isn't any class listed for a particular location, that means at that loction the airspace defaults to Class G (uncontrolled)?

Maybe you can answer this one too:

Generally speaking, in class G airspace, is the minimum allowable elevation above the ground 1000 feet for something like a Cessna? Sometimes I see small planes flying around and I’m sure they are under 1000 feet. Thanks!

Maybe you can answer this one too:

Generally speaking, in class G airspace, is the minimum allowable elevation above the ground 1000 feet for something like a Cessna? Sometimes I see small planes flying around and I’m sure they are under 1000 feet. Thanks!

Don't be fooled by the 1000' rule. There are many, I mean MANY situations where that does not apply.

Reactions: captainmilehigh
Don't be fooled by the 1000' rule. There are many, I mean MANY situations where that does not apply.
What are some of the more common situations when the 1000' rule does not apply in Class G airspace? I'm assuming weather is one of them. What about non-weather related situations? Thanks

What are some of the more common situations when the 1000' rule does not apply in Class G airspace? I'm assuming weather is one of them. What about non-weather related situations? Thanks

I'm on my way out the door but some examples:

Search & Rescue
MediVac Heli

I'm on my way out the door but some examples:

Search & Rescue
MediVac Heli
Thanks. When you get back: if a pilot is just out flying his cessna for recreation in class G airspace, on a clear day, must he always remain above 1000'?

SpaceDan, check out FAA regs 91.119. I'd include a screen shot but my iPad is acting stupid at the moment. Remember, this is for aircraft only.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

SpaceDan, check out FAA regs 91.119. I'd include a screen shot but my iPad is acting stupid at the moment. Remember, this is for aircraft only.
Thanks, I will check that out. I'm in Canada but the rules are likely similar. I'll look for the Canadian equivalent. Thanks very much

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues