Airport/plane log. How I get on.

Not true. He's on vacation and making some bacon.
image.jpg

I think it's something my end, I've seen phantoms being flown down here on YouTube so it's not the airport causing the problem.

I've done the Michel Jackson dance soooooo many times, Cor I look like a right **** doing that especially when there's a lot of people about:D

Don't wonna play around with the compass with a magnet cos I can't check the values on the dji assistant program on the PC.

No cruise ships in today so I'm gonna have another go late this afternoon on the beach.

Mrs porkys day yesterday so I was at her mercy:eek::D

I think I've just found out why it won't fly..... Little piglet is chilling while I'm out & about:D caught this on camera yesterday afternoon:D

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

I think I've just found out why it won't fly..... Little piglet is chilling while I'm out & about:D caught this on camera yesterday afternoon:D

View attachment 30970 View attachment 30971 View attachment 30972
:cool:
Porky..do you remember when most went to 3.14 and had to disconnect the power to the RPG the first few times they calibrated the compass ?
All didn't but some did. Try that . Can't hurt .Just don't plug it back up with the power on .I will try and find that thread .

? This is with 2.12 but might work with 14 too and if ya not getting enough sat's ya gonna get all reds too . RotorPixel Gimbal Technical Discussion | Page 17 | DJI Phantom Forum

Last edited:
LMAO porky you are a hard core phantom guy when you said you where taking the bird with you we all thought you where going to fly not have martinis with it your ole lady has to be jealous o_O
How about manual mode :)

Morning guys;)

Not been online for a couple of days, me & Mrs porky went island hopping, we took no phones/iPads just wanted time to ourselfs:D we were celebrating our anniversary.;) Would of loved to have taken little piglet with us but didn't want the same problem trying to calibrate the compass so left it in St Maarten.

It's 4.07am here & im going to try the compass out again this morning so fingers crossed;) the hotel I'm staying in, well the owners have said they would love some arial pics of the hotel, that would be soooo cool if I could do that;) watch this space;)

Dirk, I have tried powering down the RPG down while calibrating, still no joy.:(

I will let you guys know how I get on in a couple of hours;).

Morning guys;)

Not been online for a couple of days, me & Mrs porky went island hopping, we took no phones/iPads just wanted time to ourselfs:D we were celebrating our anniversary.;) Would of loved to have taken little piglet with us but didn't want the same problem trying to calibrate the compass so left it in St Maarten.

It's 4.07am here & im going to try the compass out again this morning so fingers crossed;) the hotel I'm staying in, well the owners have said they would love some arial pics of the hotel, that would be soooo cool if I could do that;) watch this space;)

Dirk, I have tried powering down the RPG down while calibrating, still no joy.:(

I will let you guys know how I get on in a couple of hours;).
Ya well tell somebody before ya run off again dude ! Thought a shark had ya .

Ya well tell somebody before ya run off again dude ! Thought a shark had ya .

Nope no shark but take a look at this, this was swimming round Mrs porkys legs yesterday.

image.jpg image.jpg

It's a 4ft Snook, she sh#t herself but I had to get the picture:D

Last edited:
Any luck Porky? Hows your tan coming alone? :D
I like my bacon CRISPY! :eek::D

All I'm gonna say TJ is.....image.jpg It's hard when there's no mud around for sun screen:p

Gonna try again this morning to flyyyyyyyyyyyy;)

Update,

Still couldn't get the compass to calibrate properly...... But I thought sod it, come all this way so I'm going to fly it anyway:eek::D;)

Piglet flew brilliantly, tested all the RTH, failsafe, no probs. I kept it away from the water though on my 1st flight just in case;)

Going to fly again this afternoon when the suns on the other side of the island.

I'll post piglets pics that I took then. Watch this space;)

Just came back to the hotel for a coffee then out again for another fly;)

I'll try again to calibrate the compass but if not I'm still flying:D

I'll post some pics;) couldn't beleave how warm the motors got this morning but then again it's a little bit warmer here:p

Sorry forgot to mention, went to Orient bay beach today. All I'm gonna say is this:D

giphy.gif

You may have to google it:p

Sorry forgot to mention, went to Orient bay beach today. All I'm gonna say is this:D

giphy.gif

You may have to google it:p
I did and saw ya :eek:
Bad swimmer.gif

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav