Airport/plane log. How I get on.

Just cancelled my holiday.......... Now I'm gonna be sh##ting myself all the way there now;) but if that happens I'll fire up my phantom, hold on to the landing arms & come down safely that way, see I've got all things covered:D
just remember to autorotate on the way down!

Nice stickers! :D

British Airways you say? Be sure and check for flames prior to takeoff! :eek:

make sure you release the valve on the case so it can breath both ways or it will end up a with short landing gear.
good news is that if you do happen to crash in water you can close the valve and hang on to the case as it will float ! then just wait for passing ship and fly it over with an SOS note

Just a sick sense of humor ;)
Week before we went on our trip I made the ole lady watch Final destination five :) then rest of the week I YT'ed plane crashes she was glued to them :p on the plane she was a mess wanted to get off before we even got pulled out . Every shake noise turbulence she just about put holes in my leg but I acted like I was sleeping :D
Evil sense of humor ya mean.. LOL
If ya ever have surgery 750r just make sure to not let folks on here know,
You know what they say about paybacks...:D:D:D
[all in fun
tugkckg7r47kl9l6g.jpg
]

Have a good trip Porky!
2xljnwe56zby0l86g.jpg

Keep us posted...
BOT

make sure you release the valve on the case so it can breath both ways or it will end up a with short landing gear.
good news is that if you do happen to crash in water you can close the valve and hang on to the case as it will float ! then just wait for passing ship and fly it over with an SOS note
He's got a fancy schmancy auto valve on his case. :D

Safe travels Mr. & Mrs. Porky!

vlcsnap-2013-04-09-15h01m01s99.png

Last edited:
He's got a fancy schmancy auto valve on his case. :D

Safe travels Mr. & Mrs. Porky!

vlcsnap-2013-04-09-15h01m01s99.png

Many thanks TJ ;)

Oh well I might as well join in with my safe air travel humour:D

giphy.gif

Oh well
Off to bed now, taxi picking us up 4.00am UK time. 1st stop = hea throw air port, that where the fun starts;).

Reactions: BlackOpsTeamster
Hi guys,

I've arrived at terminal 5 Heathrow airport safe & sound;).

How easy was that... I went through security with no problems, thought I'd be asked to open the case up after the X-ray machine but nope;)

I did have to put my case into a luggage sizer just to make sure it was ok to take on as "carry on" passed with flying colours ;)
image.jpg
Only thing that's pi##ed me off, dji have updated the app last night/1st thing this morning for the P2 series but I don't know if theirs a FW update also, oh well...

Chilling now in the British airways club lounge with coffee & oh yes Mrs porky also;)

Last edited:
Only a little bit, like what I always say, "a bit of poo came out":D
Safe travels my friend and have a wonderful time.

Looking forward to those updates and pictures;)

Hi guys,

I've arrived at terminal 5 Heathrow airport safe & sound;).

How easy was that... I went through security with no problems, thought I'd be asked to open the case up after the X-ray machine but nope;)

I did have to put my case into a luggage sizer just to make sure it was ok to take on as "carry on" passed with flying colours ;)
View attachment 30339
Only thing that's pi##ed me off, dji have updated the app last night/1st thing this morning for the P2 series but I don't know if theirs a FW update also, oh well...

Chilling now in the British airways club lounge with coffee & oh yes Mrs porky also;)

You're well on your way by now Porky;). No new firmware that I can find and both my iPad Air and iPhone 6 updated as soon as I launched the Vision app didn't even have to go to the iTunes store.

Well I just figured out why it was updated and it's because I have my iPad and iPhone set to auto update my apps :confused::rolleyes:.

What's New in Version 1.0.52
1. Fix bug of unable to get location-based services on iOS8 system.
2. Fix bug of unable to get camera access right on iOS8 system.
3. Fix bug of unable share video by Youtube
4. Optimized video decoding capabilities.
5. Support 64-bit ARM system

Last edited:
Hey guys,;)

Totally jet lagged at the mo......it's 3.16 Sint Maarten time but I'm still on UK time which is 8.16:eek:

All went well with the BA flight, I was asked to but my case in the crews wardrobe which was very nice of them, oh I love BA:D the case would of fitted in the overhead cupboard, not complaining;)

Had a great flight with BA;)

.image.jpg Case in the BA wardrobe

Last edited:
flew into Miami & thought this is where the fun starts:eek:

Went through immigration & customs without so much as a question;)

Oh I'm having a nightmare trying to upload pics........:eek: I'll try again later;)

image.jpg Here ya go....... Me chilling on the BA flight;).

Pics uploaded ok:D

Last edited:
Back to Miami;)

No problems at all with my case, AA was the airline that said i wouldn't be able to take my case on as " carry on"

Take a look at this:D image.jpg it fitted with ease in the over head lockers;)

Couple more pics for ya:) image.jpg. image.jpg It was really nice seeing the last picture but very sad:( I will never forget that day.

I got quite upset & spent a couple of mins remembering the date, 09/11. My heart goes out to all, that's all I'm going to say, to upset to carry on.

I flew out on the same date, didn't cross my mind....... Sorry guys that me out for now.

flew into Miami & thought this is where the fun starts:eek:

Went through immigration & customs without so much as a question;)

Oh I'm having a nightmare trying to upload pics........:eek: I'll try again later;)

View attachment 30429 Here ya go....... Me chilling on the BA flight;).

Pics uploaded ok:D
Well thanks for that one ! Ya just took the Pork outta Porky :eek:

Hi all,

So just to sum up,

I had no problems with taking my phantom/case as "carry on" on my holiday.
Never got asked once to open up my case to check the contents, at Heathrow or Miami ;)

The air valve on my case performed flawlessly, no air pressure problems with my case;)

Just need to fly it now...... Calibrate the compass then off we go;)

Pic of the case in hotel room & a little voice coming from the case saying, "fly me, fly me" :D. image.jpg

1st day it's been very hot, a little rain & windy, going to take it on the beach at the end of the day when there's hardly anyone about, don't wonna piss anybody off;)

I'll share my pics on the photo section, thread dirk started in the P2V photos thread.

Still jet lagged, just coming up to 2.00am local time here, 7.00am UK time:eek: just had coffee, will try & get back to bed shortly......

Bought one of the "Go no" cameras today so been in the sea testing it out:D

Don't you ever sleep dirk:D wish I could....... Wide awake here at the mo:eek:

Yeah I saw:D what's the time difference with you dirk?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl