Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Airport no fly zones

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by npalen, Apr 25, 2014.

1. npalen

I'm sure that the no fly zones don't apply to every small airport in the world. My question is to what airports (relative to size) does it apply?

2. xgeek

3. hwb2107

npalen: I have the same question. I did some separate research to no avail trying to figure this out.

xgeek: frankly, DJI's airport map doesn't quite cut it for me. It says that my local airport is neither class A or class B, and I can't possibly believe that there are zero restrictions on an airport that size, with that much traffic, that also has international capability (for private flights).

DJI doesn't take any liability, so like npalen, I'd like to know what the official / legal classifications are that govern these airports.

4. Meta4

Meta4 Moderator
    Staff Member

DJI's airport list is a very patchy effort. If they were trying to properly list airports worldwide they have done very poorly.
    They've left thousands out. Looking at their map, they don't know about some of the worlds busiest airports like Dubai, Singapore and Bangkok. They have no airports at all in Africa or the middle east and Australia has no B airports at all.

But for every A airport they have cut out very large circles extending a very long way from the airports.