Airport location... what would you do?

Reaction score
So I believe I have a rather unique situation. I just recently moved to a new address in the last couple weeks. I am a hobby flyer, not 107. If you look at B4UFLY or Hover, my new address (down to its most zoomed in level) is approximately 150 ft inside the 5 mile radius of a small executive airport. I used Google earths measuring tool to determine the distance. Due to how the property is situated (facing out of the cone), and the direction I fly (except for take off and landing) the drone is out of the cone during 85% of my flying time. To date I have not contacted the airport. I have also been visited by the local sheriff department out of curiousity seeing my drone flying with no issue. I specifically asked the deputy, who went on his cruiser computer to check, if there was an issue where I was flying. He said not that he could see. So I am wondering, given these facts, would you notify the airport each time you flew? Not looking for flame responses, just curious what other experienced flyers would do? Perhaps I could contact the airport and explain my situation and ask them if they want me to notify them of each and every flight? I fly almost daily and I think they are going to get sick of me contacting them. :). Thanks for any thoughtful insights you might provide.

I would call them. Let them know who you are and where you are flying. Let them make the call on what to do. It isn't your call really. It is good that they know about you. I'm near a private airport and personally met the owner. I found out we were dirt bike riding acquaintances in our youth. He knows where I am and I can fly at will.

Reactions: dodoftwogirls

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan