Airport airspace

Reaction score
I have permission to fly in airport air space.Will the firmware stop me from taking off.And Will it allow me to fly..

Who gave you the permission per say? Only ATC can grant this but even with ATC you might have problems with the DJI Geo. I've never had to deal with it so I can't comment.

Yes the atc gave permission..Have to check day of in case they change landing runway.Just don't know if dji phantom 3 standard Will allow takeoff or restrict flight..

I use the hover app.And yes it shows up.It is Sykorski Stamford c.t...We set a ceiling of 100 ft.It is a marsh we are searching so that's more than high enough for what we are doing..This app or litchi app put my drone in 30 ft hover because of an passenger jet was in area.It had to be 20,000 ft and still put my drone in hover in till it passed.Scared the bejesus c.f. out of me as I was over a lake thought it was landing..

Shows up on uav forecast app also..Silver sands state park milford ct..Sykorsky controls the airspace

What class of airspace is it?

It is a medium on my hover app.It's a busy time for me so haven't had time to thoroughly go over details.I am a pyrotechnic and it's almost the fourth, so I need sleep and coffee..Never thought my first lost dog mission would be in airport air space.And I definitely didn't expect them to let me in..Like I said or maybe said it's over a marsh in state park.Witch was another hurdle.But in the cases of search and rescue they are onboard.Also I am using 100 feet ceiling.There will probably be kites there higher than that.So I learned a lot in short time..I am promoting how drones are useful not just a bunch of knuckle heads getting into trouble.How come every mtv video they fly directly over hundreds of people??Use your drones for good and let's get some affordable flir cameras.Thank God for my years of rc planes,flying this is to easy if you have been flying planes.Hope medium was the answer..lol..I really am busy but intend to get reading up when the firework season is over..Now where's that darn coffee..

Ok, Igor I Sykorsky memorial airport general aviation 2...Stratford ct..ah lots of helicopters..

Not sure what you mean when you say it's a "medium". Do you know what airspace class it is?

I believe class 2..It's all been interesting but the dog has moved out of the airspace..The park is split half in the circle half out.The dog is now outside the circle..Thank God..

I believe class 2..It's all been interesting but the dog has moved out of the airspace..The park is split half in the circle half out.The dog is now outside the circle..Thank God..

Just curious, have you taken the Part 107 FAA exam yet?

No..I am pyro tech..I don't have anytime.But will be getting 107 this winter.I am searching for free so I don't think I need it for now.But I definitely am getting it.

I believe search and rescue operations are covered under Part 107.

That is good to know.Right now it's dogs and farm animals.Showing how this is good for people as well.To many people think it's a toy.It may be ,but doesn't mean it can't also be a great way to see what we can not see from ground.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4