Airport Airspace and DJI Go

You were told incorrectly. The correct information can be found here Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about the Use of Model Aircraft Near an Airport – Airports. There are several pages on that site I would advise you become familiar with.
"When I first began flying my drone I thought I couldn’t fly it anywhere near my house because I live within 5 miles of a small local airport. I assumed that I would always have to drive far away way to fly but I eventually learned that is not the case. Once the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) posted more specific rules for UAV pilots it became clear that the 5 mile airport radius wasn’t a full-fledged no-fly zone. "

. Your drone must remain within sight at all times. I'm sure you follow that rule

Yes, I maintain a clear LOS with the bird at all times. Occasionally, when I fly close to the altitude limit, looking up at it makes me dizzy so I just focus on the video feed. But even then, its still within sight.

I'm unsure of what point you were trying to make with this quote

"When I first began flying my drone I thought I couldn’t fly it anywhere near my house because I live within 5 miles of a small local airport. I assumed that I would always have to drive far away way to fly but I eventually learned that is not the case. Once the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) posted more specific rules for UAV pilots it became clear that the 5 mile airport radius wasn’t a full-fledged no-fly zone. "

I live 4.37 miles from Spirit and I called them and they gave me the hard "No" as to flying anytime inside of 5 miles from them unless it's after 11pm and before 6am.

They also told me to use the B4U Fly app.

I thought I just had to notify them but they said differently.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Sounds like we live in about the same area...we should get together and fly sometime. I know of one other guy that has a drone. I fly at Faust park at times, but now with this news, not sure I can even do that anymore. I will call the tower tonight or tomorrow too and see what they say...

Reactions: Thrasher
Its all in your approach. Call back and TELL them that your going to be flying at x location between x and x time. Don't be rude, but firm. The tone of your voice typically depicts the response. Sound very sure of yourself and I bet you'll get different results. With any luck, you'll get a different person this time as well. I would be very hesitant to fly without notifying them. The CYA mentality isn't a bad thing when used properly.

I fly on commercial airlines a lot for work, if you use a deeper voice, say "ahh" often and drag out your words, they will show you more respect. At least that's how most of the pilots I hear on my flights sound.

Reactions: mrgoodwrench
Sounds like we live in about the same area...we should get together and fly sometime. I know of one other guy that has a drone. I fly at Faust park at times, but now with this news, not sure I can even do that anymore. I will call the tower tonight or tomorrow too and see what they say...

How did the conversation go?

I would absolutely be up for getting together as I don't know anyone with one in the area.

How did the conversation go?

I would absolutely be up for getting together as I don't know anyone with one in the area.

haven't had a chance to call or fly in a week :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20