Airnest v Dji go

Reaction score
Is Airnest worth the money over the free djigo ?
Is it stable as djigo is. Can it totally replace djigo. It looks nice on there website.
Just don't want to waste £18.99 on a app that won't improve my flying experience if Djigo is better. Would be nice if Airnest did a try before you buy policy.

Airnest is worth the €. It's very easy to use. Just draw a path on the map, press start and of you go. It flies exactly the pattern you draw. Not more not less. Just point to a specific spot, draw a path around it and Airnest fly's the path with the camera pin pointed to the chosen point. Not more not less.
Do I use it evertime? No. Do I like it? Yes.

Reactions: Dounin Front
thanks for your reply..looks like I will be buying it then..

Does Airnest need a tablet with cellular connection? I'd hate to buy it for my Ipad Air 2(non cellular) and it doesn't allow all of the features this great app offers because of no cell service.

Last edited:
Here is what the Airnest tech told me:
"You do not need GPS on the iPad to make it work, however you will need to connect to the internet to cache the map data, you can let the tiles load in the point or path tool and then disconnect from the net to test it before going out in the field."

Im assuming he means loading the map while you're in the house, then go out and fly an Airnest path

Reactions: Nathan1994
Is Airnest worth the money over the free djigo ?
Is it stable as djigo is. Can it totally replace djigo. It looks nice on there website.
Just don't want to waste £18.99 on a app that won't improve my flying experience if Djigo is better. Would be nice if Airnest did a try before you buy policy.
I use both Airnest and Autopilot extensively. Neither were designed to compete with, nor replace, DJI Go.

To answer your question: Airnest is very simple to use, it is intuitive, and it is reliable. Airnest's Path is superior to any other comparable option out there.(if indeed there are any!).

As a software supplier they are responsive and listen to their customer base.

As always, it ultimately depends on why you are flying a quad. If it is to do good aerial photography then yes, Airnest is certainly worth the money.

Airnest works, but as noted does not replace the Go app. I wish it could switch the point of interest during the flight, instead of having it just look at one point. I also wish there was an option to not RTH if you so desire, but that is minor. It works well and is easy to use. Fpv mission planner is a more robust app and so is Autopilot.

Alan

Can you fly a mission such as an orbit as long as you need- continuous- until you cancel it? Pause it?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic