Airnest Plan???

Two additional videos that should be useful for fully understanding 'Plan'. Also tutorials and FAQ are found at how it works

Couple of questions for you:
1) Are the waypoint and POI heights based on above ground level (AGL) or mean sea level (MSL) elevations like Litchi's are? In other words, if I turn on and set my first waypoint for 100 ft altitude at a location that has an elevation of 0 ft sea level and my second waypoint is set for 100 ft altitude but the location has a elevation of 100 ft above sea level, will the aircraft adjust or will it crash into the ground at the second waypoint?

2) Can waypoint routes/missions be preplotted using the app, or does the aircraft have to be connected and running to plot these missions?

Thanks!

Couple of questions for you:
1) Are the waypoint and POI heights based on above ground level (AGL) or mean sea level (MSL) elevations like Litchi's are? In other words, if I turn on and set my first waypoint for 100 ft altitude at a location that has an elevation of 0 ft sea level and my second waypoint is set for 100 ft altitude but the location has a elevation of 100 ft above sea level, will the aircraft adjust or will it crash into the ground at the second waypoint?

2) Can waypoint routes/missions be preplotted using the app, or does the aircraft have to be connected and running to plot these missions?

Thanks!

1) It is all AGL and does not adjust to elevation changes. We are considering a switch to google maps instead of apple maps. When that happens I will look into the accuracy of their elevation data. If it is accurate we can build something like this into it.

2) Yes you can pre-plot the Plan without a connection, then save it and load it up later when you are ready to fly.

Edit to add: Your home point (Launch location) will be the initial altitude value of zero feet and all of the altitude is relative to that.

Last edited:
Excellent... That cleared it up for me.
I guess there's no way around the altitude issue until someone incorporates a barometer into the design of the aircraft.
Thanks!

Justin, Will Google maps work with ipad mini?

1) It is all AGL and does not adjust to elevation changes. We are considering a switch to google maps instead of apple maps. When that happens I will look into the accuracy of their elevation data. If it is accurate we can build something like this into it.

2) Yes you can pre-plot the Plan without a connection, then save it and load it up later when you are ready to fly.

Edit to add: Your home point (Launch location) will be the initial altitude value of zero feet and all of the altitude is relative to that.

Way point 1 ground elevation is 1475' and way point 6's ground elevation is slightly lower at 1463'. If I wanted to plan a mission that was 20' above ground level at both wp 1 and wp 6, and my beginning ground level take off point "0" was at wp 1, I would set my wp 6 at "-13" correct? I don't think I can enter a neg digit in the app. If I used the lower elevation wp 6 as my beginning ground level take off point "0" then I could mark wp 1 with a pos digit and 20' above ground level mission will work correct?

Hole_8_edited.jpg

Way point 1 ground elevation is 1475' and way point 6's ground elevation is slightly lower at 1463'. If I wanted to plan a mission that was 20' above ground level at both wp 1 and wp 6, and my beginning ground level take off point "0" was at wp 1, I would set my wp 6 at "-13" correct? I don't think I can enter a neg digit in the app. If I used the lower elevation wp 6 as my beginning ground level take off point "0" then I could mark wp 1 with a pos digit and 20' above ground level mission will work correct?

Your premise is correct... I would just like to point one thing out. I did some digging after the conversation on this thread into the accuracy of google earth elevations and found some interesting stuff..

On a plain surface 90m is fine. But take attention, in high mountain areas the GE elevation is not very accurate. I got a 10m spacing laser-scan model from my country and I just checked it with the GE elevations.
On a plain area the difference is around 0 -3 meters
On steep hills the difference can be 100 meters (> 300 feet)
If I calculate a 100m spacing elevation model out of the 10m one, then the difference for the same place could be 60 meters.
How accurate is elevation on google earth, and how is it measured?

Apparently the data was gathered way back by the Space Shuttle, it's pretty amazing it's that accurate! My point here is that you are in a relatively flat area and the elevation data is probably quite accurate, but if you are planning a flight so close to the ground with elevation changes just keep your head on a swivel and LOS because the google earth data could have significant variances.

Your premise is correct... I would just like to point one thing out. I did some digging after the conversation on this thread into the accuracy of google earth elevations and found some interesting stuff..

How accurate is elevation on google earth, and how is it measured?

Apparently the data was gathered way back by the Space Shuttle, it's pretty amazing it's that accurate! My point here is that you are in a relatively flat area and the elevation data is probably quite accurate, but if you are planning a flight so close to the ground with elevation changes just keep your head on a swivel and LOS because the google earth data could have significant variances.
Good advice. I usually add at least 20 ft of altitude on the test flight to ensure clearance over everything. Then, I can adjust accordingly.

Reactions: Justin Miller
Reactions: Justin Miller
I really like your app, Justin--the intuitive simplicity combined with a lot of control is appealing. I get better results with the camera gimble tracking with Airnest than I get with iOS Litchi or AutoPilot.

One feature I miss though is the ability to export and import waypoints. Sometimes apps have to be reinstalled and when that happens you lose all saved data with it.

Also logging to healthy drones would be nice.

Are either of these features planned for the near future?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Good night. this might a funny or repost question i think, apologize if yes. I find out in this forum, but did not find. I have a phantom 3 Advanced and very interested in the "AIRNEST" application, I use the IOS (iPhone), whether the application is secure? I've never tried. is of you have tried? I asked for directions, how to use step by step. just directly takeoff with this app? or via Dji go app?
sorry about bad bad english. iam a native balinese (indonesia)
please help me step by step how to use? thank you

this is my channel on youtube, kadek sudarwika

Excellent... That cleared it up for me.
I guess there's no way around the altitude issue until someone incorporates a barometer into the design of the aircraft.
Thanks!
All of these birds already have barometers in them. That's how they do altitude hold. To do true terrain following, you need an altimeter. Something like the VPS, but with more range. Can you say laser rangefinder?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20