Airnest - Looking for Beta Testers

IMG_0227.jpg
Installed and ready to go and then ---- work calls.
Guess that just means, testing tomorrow.

Thank you for the feedback. The big blue circle as you describe it is your iOS location, we are going to go ahead and remove it so that it does not add to anyones confusion.

Quick couple of questions. What version of iOS are you using? What drone are you connecting to? (P3A, P3P, or Inspire) If you launch DJI GO and then go back into airnest does it change the video stream?

Thanks!

Justin

I,m on IOS 9.02 and flying P3P.

When will the full iOS version be avaliable?

nickyb, we expect it in the next couple of weeks but that will depend on the feedback we get during Beta. We don't want to release pre-maturely. We will certainly post here when it is released and send an email to our newsletter as well. Feel free to sign up for the newsletter at www.airnest.com if you want alerted.

Reactions: nickyb and BigAl07
nickyb, we expect it in the next couple of weeks but that will depend on the feedback we get during Beta. We don't want to release pre-maturely. We will certainly post here when it is released and send an email to our newsletter as well. Feel free to sign up for the newsletter at www.airnest.com if you want alerted.
Thanks Justin. I've already signed up on your website. For me the way point feature is the most interesting feature for me at least. Good luck!

Reactions: Justin Miller
Reactions: Justin Miller
Thanks Justin. Looking forward to a guide/tutorial.

For those interested... the attention to detail and support from this company is AWESOME!

Looks like in the video, it comes home on a shortest path, not the path it took to get there, correct? Have to make sure you are high enough to cover those trees!

Justin I have some questions for you:

1) What are the distance/height limits of the ap? Since it's not using the DJI Go ap what are the limitations?

2) Will we have any control of pitch during the flight?

3) If the flightpath takes the aircraft out of range or if there is a loss of signal what is the "fail safe"?

Will it work with android tablets, Like my nvidia shield?
They want to get the bugs ironed out in the iOS and then they will start working on the Android platform. By doing this they make the transition much easier and only have to work on platform specific bugs there after.

Reactions: mick74
Looks like in the video, it comes home on a shortest path, not the path it took to get there, correct? Have to make sure you are high enough to cover those trees!

That is correct, the Drone goes into a normal return to launch after the flight ends. The height of that is the same as what you set in the DJI GO app, those values are saved on the drone. We will in an early update after launch add this setting into our app as well. However, in this video I actually stopped the return to home feature and took manual control.

Justin I have some questions for you:

1) What are the distance/height limits of the ap? Since it's not using the DJI Go ap what are the limitations?

2) Will we have any control of pitch during the flight?

3) If the flightpath takes the aircraft out of range or if there is a loss of signal what is the "fail safe"?

1) Height limit is about 400 feet, we are considering changing this for our international friends. Feedback is welcome. There is no distance limit, proceed with caution. In my experience if you fly a waypoint mission outside of radio range the drone continues with the mission independently, the gimbal however will stop updating once a loss of connection occurs.

2) If you look 8 or 9 seconds into the video I just posted you will see a manual pitch control switch at the bottom of the altitude selection screen. If you throw that switch then our app will not control the pitch of the gimbal and you have full manual control.

3) Fail safe's are saved on the drone so you can set them within the DJI GO app. We will add these features in but since you can use DJI Go we did not make them a priority.

They want to get the bugs ironed out in the iOS and then they will start working on the Android platform. By doing this they make the transition much easier and only have to work on platform specific bugs there after.

Thank you all for helping to answer questions. BigAl07 is correct on our game plan moving forward.

1) Height limit is about 400 feet, we are considering changing this for our international friends. Feedback is welcome. There is no distance limit, proceed with caution. In my experience if you fly a waypoint mission outside of radio range the drone continues with the mission independently, the gimbal however will stop updating once a loss of connection occurs.

I like the ability to set my own just in case. There have been times when I needed to get above the 400' setting (shooting on a hill but took off from the valley). Of course this would require a special COA if the person were flying commercially but that's a whole other ball of wax LOL!

2) If you look 8 or 9 seconds into the video I just posted you will see a manual pitch control switch at the bottom of the altitude selection screen. If you throw that switch then our app will not control the pitch of the gimbal and you have full manual control.
Excellent. There are times when having manual control over the gimbal would be nice (say following a bike rider )

3) Fail safe's are saved on the drone so you can set them within the DJI GO app. We will add these features in but since you can use DJI Go we did not make them a priority.
I "assumed" these were stored in the aircraft but wanted to confirm.

I hope to get outside to fly with this some more in a couple of hours.

Thanks for the support.
Allen

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4