Airnest - Looking for Beta Testers

Can you explain this feature?

I wanted to stay mum about it but since I mentioned it I suppose it would be rude of me :)

Anyhow this feature will resonate with filmmakers and those interested in flying for the video more than anyone else. Essentially when you turn this feature on (in our Point app) you see a live feed from the drone camera (naturally) and then you just simply pan and tilt your iOS device to pan and tilt the camera on the drone (works P3A, P3P, and Inspire). So in doing so you run the camera as if you were up in the air with the drone just panning and tilting a camera. It makes tracking moving objects really smooth and easy.

Reactions: Cerone
$10 is a good value and will keep sales volume up.
I wanted to stay mum about it but since I mentioned it I suppose it would be rude of me :)

Anyhow this feature will resonate with filmmakers and those interested in flying for the video more than anyone else. Essentially when you turn this feature on (in our Point app) you see a live feed from the drone camera (naturally) and then you just simply pan and tilt your iOS device to pan and tilt the camera on the drone (works P3A, P3P, and Inspire). So in doing so you run the camera as if you were up in the air with the drone just panning and tilting a camera. It makes tracking moving objects really smooth and easy.
That would be super sweet if it worked with these.
Zeiss VR ONE Bundle (including one tray)

$10 is a good value and will keep sales volume up.

That would be super sweet if it worked with these.
Zeiss VR ONE Bundle (including one tray)

That would be pretty sweet, unfortunately it only works when the drone is hovering in a still position. This is a limitation of the SDK from DJI, I believe I mentioned earlier we are requesting DJI change this limitation so we can use this mode elsewhere and with other control mechanisms.

With the inspire we will be able to implement it with other control methods as is and plan to but I want it to work across the phantom 3 models as well.

Ok, that is seriously cool.

Reactions: Justin Miller
That would be pretty sweet, unfortunately it only works when the drone is hovering in a still position. This is a limitation of the SDK from DJI, I believe I mentioned earlier we are requesting DJI change this limitation so we can use this mode elsewhere and with other control mechanisms.

With the inspire we will be able to implement it with other control methods as is and plan to but I want it to work across the phantom 3 models as well.

FYI, autoflight (ios) and litchi (android) both have a workaround for this SDK limitation. Essentially, stick => app => AC ... there is minimal latency and both fly very naturally with pseudo-course lock

FYI, autoflight (ios) and litchi (android) both have a workaround for this SDK limitation. Essentially, stick => app => AC ... there is minimal latency and both fly very naturally with pseudo-course lock

Thank you for the feedback. I will certainly look into it. I hadn't considered reading the stick values.

hi, shouldn't there be a way to specify the height of the POI? does the app control the gimbal pitch at this point to keep focus on the POI as I move higher or further away from the POI?

hi, shouldn't there be a way to specify the height of the POI? does the app control the gimbal pitch at this point to keep focus on the POI as I move higher or further away from the POI?

Currently the POI is ground level, this however has been something I have been thinking a lot about. In case your POI was 100' in the air or something like that. We will likely add this feature, its just a matter of doing so in such away that is intuitive and easy to use.

Yes the app does control the gimbal pitch (auto pitch control can be turned off) and will pitch down or up relative to your distance from the POI.

(edit) To see that in action see the video I posted on page two of this thread

Currently the POI is ground level, this however has been something I have been thinking a lot about. In case your POI was 100' in the air or something like that. We will likely add this feature, its just a matter of doing so in such away that is intuitive and easy to use.

Yes the app does control the gimbal pitch (auto pitch control can be turned off) and will pitch down or up relative to your distance from the POI.

(edit) To see that in action see the video I posted on page two of this thread

thanks, should have realized that... another question regarding the 2nd mode: "FLY"- "point and hold where you want the AC to fly" - is it possible to add a focus point? would be cool to just point and fly somewhere and still focus back at the operator with automatic gimbal control.

are you referring to the "Point" tool in the app? If so no, Point is for quickly going to a desired location, from there you can tap the live video to go full screen and use Motion Camera to control the gimbal.

The tool "Path" should be capable of following a path to your specified point and keeping the camera pointed back at the operator or wherever you put a POI.

If I am misunderstanding your questions please let me know.

Thanks!

Justin

I hate being late. If there's a waiting list or some beta testers flake out sign me up.

I hate being late. If there's a waiting list or some beta testers flake out sign me up.

We may open up another round of Beta Testing after we get some feedback from this first round. We don't want to be too overwhelmed at the moment, the experience we want to provide is more than just the app, but also good customer service. Even if we provide a great app there are things when working with another companies hardware that we just cannot control, so we want to ensure we are being as responsive as possible.

I have a Ipad Mini 2 with the latest ware and the Phantom 3 Advanced also with latest firmware. Downloaded the app and downloaded Test Flight as instructed. Fired everything up and no live feed, black screen with the occasional picture on the bottom 25% of the screen. Any recommendations, delete and re download, reboot device, or anything else. Also, current location is showing a different circle than the homepoint. Kind of odd, big blue circle around a neighbor's house with his house being the current location but my house is the home point. I did open the Airnest app before I ever connected to the bird, maybe there is a process. Anyway, the app looks good. I will follow the thread and any instructions given to me and we will try to get everything working properly.

I have a Ipad Mini 2 with the latest ware and the Phantom 3 Advanced also with latest firmware. Downloaded the app and downloaded Test Flight as instructed. Fired everything up and no live feed, black screen with the occasional picture on the bottom 25% of the screen. Any recommendations, delete and re download, reboot device, or anything else. Also, current location is showing a different circle than the homepoint. Kind of odd, big blue circle around a neighbor's house with his house being the current location but my house is the home point. I did open the Airnest app before I ever connected to the bird, maybe there is a process. Anyway, the app looks good. I will follow the thread and any instructions given to me and we will try to get everything working properly.
Thank you for the feedback. The big blue circle as you describe it is your iOS location, we are going to go ahead and remove it so that it does not add to anyones confusion.

Quick couple of questions. What version of iOS are you using? What drone are you connecting to? (P3A, P3P, or Inspire) If you launch DJI GO and then go back into airnest does it change the video stream?

Thanks!

Justin

I havent had a chance yet to fire up the beta (been busy testing my fixed wing mapping platform) but I plane to take it out tomorrow and give it a go. What is the best way to submit feedback and bug reports?

I havent had a chance yet to fire up the beta (been busy testing my fixed wing mapping platform) but I plane to take it out tomorrow and give it a go. What is the best way to submit feedback and bug reports?

We are building a knowledge base and support structure. I will be sending an email with feedback instructions either tonight or early tomorrow morning. Thanks for testing!

I'm using V.9.0.2 on the Ipad and connecting to a P3A which has been updated to the latest version available. I will have to check on the last question when I get back home.

I loaded the app and noticed the NFZs are larger than in my DJI app. Does your app restrict flying inside the red circles or is that just for guidance?

We are building a knowledge base and support structure. I will be sending an email with feedback instructions either tonight or early tomorrow morning. Thanks for testing!

Just took at look at the app and first thing being from Australia, everything is imperial! Unless i'm missing something you'll need to add this in so we can do altitude in meters and speed in kilometers an hour.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20