Airnest crashed twice during plan flight

ACJ

Reaction score
I got my phantom 4 about a month ago and with about 17 hours flight time till today haven't had any major problems. I tried plan on airnest today for the first time and almost had heart failure. While flying in plan mode the airnest app crashed without warning. At the time some low cloud had come in and I lost sight of my phantom. I had read that you could abort a plan flight by just taking over in atti mode. The problem was that I had lost sight of the drone and i could not connect to it with either the DJI Go app or airnest so I also couldn't get FPV. This meant I had no idea in which direction I should fly if i changed to atti mode. I decided the best thing to do was not panic so I left the controls, hoping the phantom was actually finishing its plan mission. I could not see the drone at all and (fearing lack of power to return) after about 15 mins gave up and hit RTH. Thankfully after a minute or 2 I could hear the phantom and it came in to land safely.

I tried another flight with the "plan" mode of the airnest app and the same thing happened. Just near the end of the mission the app crashed and I lost contact. This time I left the controls again, started the airnest app again and it connected with the phantom. The drone was just hovering and I could not return to the plan mission so I flew the phantom back.

Anyone experience the same thing? Any tips on how to deal with this better?

stop using 3rd party apps might not come back next time

Reactions: captainmilehigh
I got my phantom 4 about a month ago and with about 17 hours flight time till today haven't had any major problems. I tried plan on airnest today for the first time and almost had heart failure. While flying in plan mode the airnest app crashed without warning. At the time some low cloud had come in and I lost sight of my phantom. I had read that you could abort a plan flight by just taking over in atti mode. The problem was that I had lost sight of the drone and i could not connect to it with either the DJI Go app or airnest so I also couldn't get FPV. This meant I had no idea in which direction I should fly if i changed to atti mode. I decided the best thing to do was not panic so I left the controls, hoping the phantom was actually finishing its plan mission. I could not see the drone at all and (fearing lack of power to return) after about 15 mins gave up and hit RTH. Thankfully after a minute or 2 I could hear the phantom and it came in to land safely.

I tried another flight with the "plan" mode of the airnest app and the same thing happened. Just near the end of the mission the app crashed and I lost contact. This time I left the controls again, started the airnest app again and it connected with the phantom. The drone was just hovering and I could not return to the plan mission so I flew the phantom back.

I have the same issue even with the latest app from airnest it crashes, this is annoying. I wish they would recognize this and fix it.

I have the same issue even with the latest app from airnest it crashes, this is annoying. I wish they would recognize this and fix it.

Have you contacted AirNest to let them know about this glitch?

If everyone was in your boat (not letting the company know of a problem) then nothing would get fixed. AirNest is a great company (my company has been an AirNest partner for a year now) and they are above the bar in terms of Customer Service so be sure to let them know if you have any problems so they can help to resolve them ASAP.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20