Airmap and schools

Reaction score
Does anyone know why Airmap lists every school in the surrounding area? I haven't seen that on any other app including the FAA app.

I don't remember exactly what the message was but it lists them. I didn't know that schools were of any relevance to drone flights.

Curious about this too. It lists schools and hospitals even if there is no helipad listed.

Just so you can avoid them since the have crowds of people (kids) that you don't want to fly over. Hospitals sometimes have helicopters and of course are always filled with sick people who would probably not want to be bothered by perceived spying or noises.

Reactions: Just Mark
Both of those locations are "sensitive" locations in terms of privacy and of course at a hospital you do have HIPPA to take into account even though what really can you identify from our UAS.

Medical Centers of course do have the "complexity" of potential Manned Aircraft in the near vicinity.

Reactions: Just Mark
Just so you can avoid them since the have crowds of people (kids) that you don't want to fly over. Hospitals sometimes have helicopters and of course are always filled with sick people who would probably not want to be bothered by perceived spying or noises.
Thanks, so it is just a "heads up" instead of an actual FAA rule that the aircraft has to be a certain distance from a school or hospital.

Both of those locations are "sensitive" locations in terms of privacy and of course at a hospital you do have HIPPA to take into account even though what really can you identify from our UAS.

Medical Centers of course do have the "complexity" of potential Manned Aircraft in the near vicinity.
Yes, thanks for the reminder about privacy issues. I think if I were flying too close to school I would worry less about local law enforcement and worry more about Momzilla.

Reactions: BigAl07

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4