aircraft's warming sign

Reaction score
My p3s is about 2 months old, and for the past week, when i turn it on , it's been posting a sign telling me aircarft's warming . it lasts about 2 minutes and the it stps a tells me safe twi fly.
is thus normal? it never did in the past. when it is happening and i check the status , it says IMU warming

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

That's completely normal, the bird has got to warm up before it's good to go!

Edit: If you think that it is taking too long to warm up, then maybe try calibrating the IMU.

Reactions: QuadBart
I had a similar issue in that mine was taking almost s minute to be ready to fly. I did an IMU calibration and gimbal calibration and now it's ready in about 10 seconds or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: dreamgt
You can greatly decrease the warm up time by calibrating the IMU when your Phantom is cold. See more details here:

Reactions: mikecorn1
I've heard this before, a cold IMU calibration makes start-up warm up time shorter. Is there something (video, text) that explains this in technical terms as opposed to someone just making an observation? I'd really like to know the "science" behind this... Not for any particular reason other than I'm curious :)

You can greatly decrease the warm up time by calibrating the IMU when your Phantom is cold. See more details here:

Thank you. I'd seen that video before, but it doesn't quite explain to me (maybe I'm over thinking it) something. Other electronics (sensitive) I've worked on in my career, requires calibration when temps vary widely to ensure proper operation and correct values are achieved OR that the electronic equipment reach a certain operating temp before use to ensure data is correct. I would think calibrating it when its very cold wouldn't necessarily be indicative of the temp you were flying in unless you were flying in cold weather. That it would skew the operating temp range lower. For example maybe optimal operating temp is a 60 degree spread. So an ambient air temp calibration at say 70 degrees would have optimal results from 40 degrees to 100 degrees. So by doing a cold IMU calibration it moves that scale downward. If you calibrate it at say 32 degrees you now have an optimal operating temp of ~0 to ~60 degrees....

Which "could" then cause IMU related type issues above 60 degrees say at 80 degrees, not like a failure, but drifting, etc...

Probably over-thinking it... :)

Watch the video above ;)

Reactions: jttt777
Probably over-thinking it... :)
I agree, calibrate it when its cold, and not a normal, I have read people putting it in the freezer, then forget. When it thaws out its covered in condensation. Oops

#1 Fix for it, that's great!
#2 Why and what?
Inquiring minds what to know.
I think to much, I think so much I never get anything done.
:)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj