Aircraft won't connect to DJI Go app since upgrade.

They are realy bad with emails.
I got my rc repaired. They tried to tell me that I had s virus on the sd card. But at the end they changed the usd unit that gives signal to ipad.

djiemail.JPG
djiemail.JPG DJI posted via ups but even although I had a sticker on my control unit with my full name and address they missed the most important line of address . needless to say it has cost me £16 to post and £16 to go to Luton UPS depot to get it back as ups couldn't deliver it without the address
it has also cost me around £5 in call cost as dji ups use premium rate numbers.
I got the control back today and it has black marks on each side and is well used , its definitely not mine as mine had a sticker on it with my name and address and also I had to re link it with my PA3
hell knows who's this is or how old it is I'm pretty pe -ed off about it.
I have emailed DJI and requested a refund for my travel
I have also asked (for the 5th time ) what was the fix /cause of the problem and when will I get my own control returned and claiming recompense for my travel
will let you know if I they take things seriously

Would you believe this from DJI

I emailed a reply to DJI asking why I had been substituted with a used item
and they said
Dear Alex,
Thank you for contacting the DJI Technical Support from the Netherlands.
I have looked up what has been done in your repair cycle and it seems that your Remote Controller has been swapped because the old one was malfunctioning. That is why you don't have your stickers on it.

Furthermore, we apologize for the error in the address but we do not reimburse you for your travel expenses, I am sorry to say.
I then received 2 emails saying the ticket was now closed
So ticked off

The new module didn't arrive today. USPS said by 8pm and the last check in on the fracker is last night on the other side of the country.

Update: I received the new USB/hdmi module today. Just finished installing it and it works perfectly. I am currently updating the RC firmware. As soon as it's done I am going for a flight.

This problem is still present in 2017. I bought a Phantom 4 Pro and pulled the HDMI mod off of my Phantom 3 Pro and installed it on my new P4Pro. I'd flown for about a week with the P4Pro before I did that. The HDMI mod worked perfectly on the P4Pro after re-installing the GO4 APP and updating the controller via the connected iPad.

But once I installed the remaining USB card that had come with my P4Pro onto the P3Pro's controller, I found that once I updated the FW on the controller via the connected iPad, I no longer can "see" my P3Pro. The APP won't load beyond "How to Connect". I spent nearly 6 hours online in Chat with DJI and no luck. They were obviously working several clients at once because they kept putting me on hold acting as if they wer looking something up, but when they'd come back they'd ask me something we'd already gone over. No help at all. I'm still stuck with no P3Pro. I believe the problem can only be resolved with new firmware. I guess I'll have to wait them out. At least I can fly my new P4Pro. BTW, we can no longer roll back to earlier FW, even if you kept a copy. Nothing happens when you try.

I have had a similar problem in reverse. I.e. I got the hdmi module installed and then it stopped communicating. I have tried everything too. New cables x5 , three differ t phones/iPad, re installing firmware etc. Even had DJI and a dealer check it out. No luck. So like you my aircraft is grounded, although with the weather we have at the mi couldn't fly any way. Hoping for a magic wand here.

They tried to tell me this morning that the USB board from my P4P isn't compatible with my P3P. Funny. The HDMI module, the one I removed from my P3P, fit perfectly onto my new P4P and the P4P flies perfectly after the install. But the USB board from my P4P, although it fit onto my P3P, they say isn't compatible.

Kinda what I figured. They want me to ship them the remote. I figure I could buy another HDMI module and get it installed cheaper and quicker.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie