Aircraft won't connect to DJI Go app since upgrade.

I got connected by loading the pilot app first then connecting as if I was going to fly with it. Then I upgraded to the go app. All worked OK after that

Is there a way to get the pilot app from the app store anymore? After I downloaded and installed the GO app it took away my ability to get the pilot app from the store.

Is there a way to get the pilot app from the app store anymore? After I downloaded and installed the GO app it took away my ability to get the pilot app from the store.
Try your recycle bin. Perhaps one of the old .ipa files is still there.

Ok so my issue was user error :D but DJI isn't very clear in their logs either.. I should have known better though.

I got my new bird, threw firmware v1.4 on a card, updated my bird, updated my remote. Log files said success for the bird and latest firmware/same version already installed for the RC.

What really happened was the bird updated successfully while the RC did not, because RCs dont use v1.4. Log file was a bit confusing in this regard saying the firmware on the card was the same as the firmware on the RC (in reality the card had v1.4 and the RC current firmware was 1.1.9).

The fact that the RC and batteries didn't need the v1.4 update on my 1st P3P dawned on me and lo and behold i loaded up firmware 1.3.2 onto my card, updated the remote and battery (to firmware 1.3.2), and my unit has been fully operational across all 3 of my devices ever since.

So there you have it people. P3P gets v1.4, RC and batteries get v1.3.2. I think a lot of folks are having this issue and while DJI has the following message on its website I don't think its written clearly enough.

DJI website - download page: "The All-in-One firmware v1.4.0010 does not include remote controller update package. However, for the best user experience, it is recommended that the users who are using the firmware that older than v1.3.20 to update the firmware to v1.3.20 before updating the aircraft."

I purchased my 2nd P3P 1 week ago today and didn't think the firmware would be so out of date that it was 4 versions behind. Is there even a way to check what version firmware is on the bird and RC without being able to connect a mobile device?

Hope this helps some folks.

If you go to the App Store or and go to my purchases the pilot app should still be there

If you have iTunes on your computer and you have recently connected your iPad to sync, you can look at all apps you have installed in the past and pilot should be there.

If you have iTunes on your computer and you have recently connected your iPad to sync, you can look at all apps you have installed in the past and pilot should be there.
When I installed GO app, the Pilot app went away from my computer. I restored it from Recycle in an attempt to fix a "Disconnected" problem starting when I installed FW 1.3.2 and GO. (The problem was fixed by DJI sending me a new P3A). From now on, whenever DJI comes out with a new app version, I make a copy of it in a separate folder so I can roll back if necessary.

Alex, I have yet to receive the HDMI/USB upgrade. I've troubleshot to that point and have read on here that a couple other people had the same issue. It was resolved after upgrading the video output module.

Chris did you send it back to dji , I have opened a request for help and received an email saying
that its been passed to the relevant people in DJI

I contacted them. After hearing stories of people waiting 6 months on issues to be fixed when they send it in I figured I would spend the $99 to fix it myself.

I contacted them. After hearing stories of people waiting 6 months on issues to be fixed when they send it in I figured I would spend the $99 to fix it myself.
Have you upgraded to the GO APP version 2.3.0?---- out this week

Yes, I have updated everything. The USB port is not sending a signal from the RC to the Tablet.
So you have tested the USB port? If you have the HDMI upgrade ordered, maybe that will fix it.

I have the old board that I removed when I did the HDMI upgrade and would be happy to send that to you if you need it. Let me know.

I haven't ordered the new board yet. I appreciate the offer and I will let you know if I could use your board. I've tested the port and there's just no signal leaving the port at all.

I haven't ordered the new board yet. I appreciate the offer and I will let you know if I could use your board. I've tested the port and there's just no signal leaving the port at all.
keep me posted-- you can PM me with you address if you need it.

The new USB/HDMI module arrives tomorrow. I will install it tomorrow evening and see if that finally fixes my issue. I'll let everyone know how it goes. I'm excited to get back in the air!

Reactions: Oso
Sent my control unit to DJI (Netherlands) last week after getting a few emails asking me to hold 4 things(buttons and thumbwheel) and switch the control unit on.
They have sent me a return tracking number but no carrier so I couldn't track it
got a message fom UPS saying it arrived in UK
Went to tracking ups and said it was out for delivery today but it didn't arrive
managed to contact ups they now say a line of my address was missing and it will get delivered tomorrow
I have asked DJI for info but they keep ignoring the questions I asked
they then proceeded to close each "the ticket " about 5 or six times this happened.
For the past 3 days I've had around 20 emails from them from different people no answers
just trying to "close the Ticket" or saying its been sent back - not very helpful,
and always from a no reply email source, which means you have to go back to the dji website and open another ticket , to which you get a confirmation one back saying its been passed on they will be in touch.
There isn't continuity, but might be a quick turn around though. Hope I get to find out what the fix was.

Amax, I had the same thing happen to me with DJI. I sent a request and they closed the ticket within 24 hours and didn't even give me a response. After that I decided I would troubleshoot on my own. I will know tomorrow night if I fixed the problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.