Aircraft Upgrade Required, No New Upgrades Available

Reaction score
Hello to all the forum users. My name is Jon and this is my first post. I own a P3 Pro and it is my first drone. Well, sort of. I purchased the 3dr solo and it was a total disaster. Returned it and received a replacement solo and it too was a disaster. After that fiasco I decided to try my luck with DJI. So far, I love this thing. It works flawlessly, and the images it produces are top notch. Yesterday I encountered my first issue. It is telling me that an update is required, however I am running up to date firmware as far as I know. Today I attempted to update, but it seems I am up to date as the aircraft nor controller will enter update mode. Everything I have done protocol wise is on point. The aircraft turns on and is operable but is still calling for an update. Any ideas? Many thanks in advance to any help that can be given.

What versions of everything are you running? One place to start would be uninstalling the app, and if your on an android delete the DJI folder from the phone/tablet. Then reinstall. This might get rid of the issue. If nothing else, the next update will be here soon

This happened to me after the last update... I had to delete and reinstall the app a couple times but it eventually went away and I haven't had any issue since

thelasvegasadventurer, welcome to the forum!

It would be best to try to reinstall the firmware to ensure it's installed properly. Follow these instructions exactly:

HOW TO: Install Phantom 3 firmware (if using DJI GO) | DJI Phantom Forum

After the installation completes on your Phantom, remote controller, and each battery, a TXT file will be generated on your memory card. View that file to check whether or not the firmware successfully installed, is already installed, or failed to install.

When you turn on your Phantom, turn it on in this order:

- Remote controller
- Phantom
- Wait about 10 seconds
- Start the DJI GO app

When starting the DJI GO app too early, it sometimes shows bogus update messages and/or an incorrect firmware version.

Last edited:
Did anyone just see this. Standard's coming soon has been taken down for follow me, etc.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1440846483.866390.jpg

No -- but, you're a bit off topic ;)

I reinstalled firmware half a dozen times already and got a successful txt file. As previously stated, all updates have been done precisely to protocol. I am going to try reinstalling the go app a few more times before I just give up and wait for the next update.

I reinstalled firmware half a dozen times already and got a successful txt file. As previously stated, all updates have been done precisely to protocol. I am going to try reinstalling the go app a few more times before I just give up and wait for the next update.
Hard reboot your device after re-installing . That for some reason has solved a lot of issues

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik