Aircraft state flight mode indicator question

Reaction score
Hello all and a belated Merry Christmas!!
In the aircraft state startup window has the mode indicator next to where it says P-Atti or P-GPS always flashed? I thought it was always solid and didn't flash. I'm unsure if I'm just not remembering correctly or if this has changed with the latest SW and FW update. Thanks for your input and Happy Holidays!!
Jim

In the aircraft state startup window has the mode indicator next to where it says P-Atti or P-GPS always flashed?
I've never seen mine flash. What exactly is it doing?

When it's warmed up and home point is updated it reads safe to fly(GPS) overall status normal and the indicator on the left next to where it says P-Atti or P-GPS flashes rather than staying solid. I thought it always stayed solid as yours does. I haven't flown it like this as the weather has been wet and windy. I noticed this after I did the last updates with the app and FW, now I'm inside the house when I'm seeing this but I still get between 10-14 satellites so I'm guessing it would be the same outside.

the indicator on the left next to where it says P-Atti or P-GPS flashes rather than staying solid
Is it flashing different colors? Showing different messages?

No, there's no messages. It flashes green and what's strange is that it flashes with the same frequency as the strobes on the P3, not always in sync but with the same frequency. I'm really not comfortable trying to fly it like this. The FW update said success but I might try rolling it back to 1.5 and then back to 1.6 and see if that does anything. Do you have any suggestions? I've been through quite a few updates and never had an issue.

Try reinstalling the DJI GO app.

OK, I'll give that a try. I'll keep you posted. This might take a bit, my internet is a bit slow. Thanks a million for your help!!

Try reinstalling the DJI GO app.
OK, I reinstalled the app, that didn't do it so I rolled back the FW that didn't do it. Next I updated the FW to the current, again same thing. I am in a 5 mile radius of a small municipal airport, just wondering if they put that in there as a reminder. It's not geo-fenced because I can spin it up. I guess the only way to find out is to go for a ride tomorrow out of the 5 mile radius and see if the indicator stays solid.

OK, I reinstalled the app, that didn't do it so I rolled back the FW that didn't do it. Next I updated the FW to the current, again same thing. I am in a 5 mile radius of a small municipal airport, just wondering if they put that in there as a reminder. It's not geo-fenced because I can spin it up. I guess the only way to find out is to go for a ride tomorrow out of the 5 mile radius and see if the indicator stays solid.
They've apparently pulled some stunt about flying in a restricted area. Of course, DJI can't be arsed to document this but I have noticed a dialog box straight in the middle of the app screen that says "You are about to / You are flying in a restricted airspace / Don't do anything stupid" (I'm paraphrasing). In addition the back lights flash a red and green sequence. On some of my other threads, I have a link to a video.

I don't recall the status bar blinking. Will have to look. But it appears that DJI is starting to Geofence in bits and pieces. The only thing that pisses me off is that I have to take my fingers off the controls to dismiss the dialog box. Not so smart, DJI.

Well I packed up my P3A and went way outside of the 5 mile airport radius and the mode indicator still flashes. I tried it with an android app and it still flashes so it seems that it has to do with the FW update. I also did the usual cold IMU calibration, gimbal and compass calibration. It might be safe to fly but I'm not comfortable with the flashing indicator. Would be interesting to find out if it's just a P3A thing or just isolated to mine. I've never had any major issues. Not sure what to do.

I'm using a Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 to fly my P3A, and mine doesn't flash. Solid green when ready to fly. All software/firmware is current.

I'm using a Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 to fly my P3A, and mine doesn't flash. Solid green when ready to fly. All software/firmware is current.
Thanks for the info!! Are you looking at the little green mode indicator right above the compass info? The box up on top that says Safe to fly GPS stays green, it's just the indicator that's flashing on mine.

No need to apologize MrMcfly, I appreciate your reply. The next time you boot yours up would you check if yours flashes? If my memory serves me correctly mine always stayed solid. I did send DJI an email so I'll wait for their reply. It might be OK to fly but I don't want to roll the dice. Thanks again!!

Mine flashes yellow when warming up the flashes green when ready to fly. The SAFE TO FLY green oblong box on the main screen does not flash though

Mine flashes yellow when warming up the flashes green when ready to fly. The SAFE TO FLY green oblong box on the main screen does not flash though
That's good news!! It must be normal, I feel better now. After I started doing cold IMU calibrations it's usually warmed up by the time I get the app open so mine might start out yellow as well.:)
Thanks a million for your reply!!

Reactions: lotusteve

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.