"Aircraft requires upgrade" when all updated??

Reaction score
Latest iOS v2.2 on iPad, just upgraded P3P firmware to 1.4, got back a "Success" in text file, yet app still showing "Aircraft requires upgrade"???

Should I do the firmware update again?

Last edited:
I had a similar problem . Found I had multiple copies of the old dji app running on my iPhone 6 plus . Deleted them from memory , re-ran the app and the upgrade notice had gone . Hope that helps :)

Reactions: Australis5
Will also add I had to reboot the iPhone 6 plus for everything to work . Had a friend who I helped do his upgrade and he had exactly the same issue , had to delete any running copies , then deleted the app , re-installed and only when he rebooted his Ipad , everything worked as intended ... It's also worth mentioning there was no changes in the firmware on the controller itself for this version . I did waste quite a bit of time wondering why I couldn't upgrade the controller and then found a little mention in the release notes that controller firmware hadn't changed .

Will also add I had to reboot the iPhone 6 plus for everything to work . Had a friend who I helped do his upgrade and he had exactly the same issue , had to delete any running copies , then deleted the app , re-installed and only when he rebooted his Ipad , everything worked as intended ... It's also worth mentioning there was no changes in the firmware on the controller itself for this version . I did waste quite a bit of time wondering why I couldn't upgrade the controller and then found a little mention in the release notes that controller firmware hadn't changed .

My similar experience. Have never seen iOS behave like that with a simple app update. As much as it said I was on v2.2, and just gave the ability to "OPEN" in the App store (like it was already installed), once I closed all apps, and rebooted, THEN in the App store updates it showed v2.2, I updated it, then it worked. Very strange... Thanks for the heads up

My similar experience. Have never seen iOS behave like that with a simple app update. As much as it said I was on v2.2, and just gave the ability to "OPEN" in the App store (like it was already installed), once I closed all apps, and rebooted, THEN in the App store updates it showed v2.2, I updated it, then it worked. Very strange... Thanks for the heads up
Mine says same as well, even though it says it's updated.

Mine says same as well, even though it says it's updated.

Is it the upgrade for the aircraft or for the RC it is complaining about? A few of us have discovered that our RC's were still on 1.2.6 and needed to be upgraded to 1.3.2. Once I did that its cleared up the firmware warning...

Is it the upgrade for the aircraft or for the RC it is complaining about? A few of us have discovered that our RC's were still on 1.2.6 and needed to be upgraded to 1.3.2. Once I did that its cleared up the firmware warning...

Talking about the GO app for iOS

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik