Aircraft icon on go app way out of line since update.

Reaction score
The latest firmware sorted out a few minor problems my P3P had but has cause the small aircraft icon to not point in the correct detection.

If I am flying directly towards myself the icon shows the P3 as flying back side on wile coming back. The P3P it's self is pointing in the correct direction it's just the icon is around 25 degrees off.

I am all up to date and running the go app on my k1 shield tablet. Going to have a flight on my iPhone tomorrow to see if the iOS app has the same fault.

Any one else having this issue?

I con will never point to you, it will point towards home point. Create Home point where you have the controller and are standing there, It will then point it towards you. Little deviation on map could be if your mobile device doesn't have proper compass calibration.

Someone posted that you can calibrate your tablets internal compass by shaking it or revolving it in many directions when the DJI Go app is launched and connected to your drone. I have not personally tried this , but I read it earlier today and wanted to pass that on.

Try it and let us know if that in fact does work. Of course first calibrate the compass on your bird first.

I thought the icon was supposed to point in the direction the ac is facing as it did in the previous go app.
I'm having the same issue after update but here it is showing 90 degs off (if ac facing north icon points west etc).
I have a good h on point set by if I fly ac toward the icon shows it moving left.
Also have problems with how the setting screens come up on tablet and no video channel info, just coloured dots.

Is it possible to roll back the go app?

I con will never point to you, it will point towards home point.
For most flyers, most of the time, they are at home point..
I'm having the same issue after update but here it is showing 90 degs off (if ac facing north icon points west etc)
The symptoms described are almost certainly due to an incorrect compass calibration in your phone or tablet.
Search Google to find out how to calibrate your phone or tablet.

I con will never point to you, it will point towards home point. Create Home point where you have the controller and are standing there, It will then point it towards you. Little deviation on map could be if your mobile device doesn't have proper compass calibration.

Thanks for your reply.

I will try to explain a bit better. I was standing right on top of the home point and I should have said home point instead of my self. The compass on the tablet wont affect this problem in any way.

If you fly the aircraft away from the home point in any direction no mater what way you are standing with the tablet you will get a line on the map leading from the P3 back to the home point. This line will always point back to the home point no mater what way I am standing with the tablet. If you turn the icon of the aircraft on the map to face directly down that line towards the home point and push directly forward the craft should head directly back to the home point. The problem I am having is that the icon and the aircraft are not coming back to the home point as its moving off to the right. This tells me that even though the icon is facing the home point the aircraft isn't. if I yaw the aircraft so the icon shows that's its around 25 degrees off from facing the line pointing to the home point and push forward the icon starts heading directly down the line towards the home point but is heading back 25 degrees off making it look like the aircraft is flying side on but flying in the correct direction down the line towards the home point. When looking at the P3 in the sky I could see that its facing the correct way so the compass on the P3 looks like it's doing its job.

There seems to be a glitch with the icon putting it 25 degrees off from the what way the P3 is facing.

Cheers for the reply's. Will give this ago with the IPhone today to see if I get the same fault.

Last edited:
We update for you. Went out and tried flying with my iPhone and everything worked as it should. Then went on to try the Litchi android app and again all ok.

Closed the litchi app and tried out the Android Go app again and to my surprise it's sorted it's self out. Don't know what fixed it but it seems to be sorted. Cheers for the help [emoji106]

Fyi, there's a known compass issue with the Nvidia Shield tablets running Android Marshmallow. I wonder if that had anything to do with it.

Fyi, there's a known compass issue with the Nvidia Shield tablets running Android Marshmallow. I wonder if that had anything to do with it.

Yeah my compass hasn't worked at all since I have had it on the Shield. As I don't use the radar and keep my map view locked it doesn't bother me.

My Nvidia Shield K1 also have radar pointing direction problem after updated to Marshmallow

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik