Aircraft drifts left

Reaction score
So far so fun!

As I send the aircraft outbound on GPS mode and on home lock I let it run for about 150 yards or so in a wide-open multiple-soccer pitch park then let go of the sticks. It immediately drifts left about 10-12 feet while maintaining altitude, then drifts back and forth.

Firmware is updated.

Pre-flight:
I field-calibrate the compass, though admittedly turning clockwise.
Power off
Power on and wait for slow flashing green led.

Am I doing something wrong or is a little drift ok. 10 - 12 feet can mean hanging up in a tree.

Thanks!

Brian

tailspin said:
So far so fun!

As I send the aircraft outbound on GPS mode and on home lock I let it run for about 150 yards or so in a wide-open multiple-soccer pitch park then let go of the sticks. It immediately drifts left about 10-12 feet while maintaining altitude, then drifts back and forth.

Firmware is updated.

Pre-flight:
I field-calibrate the compass, though admittedly turning clockwise.
Power off
Power on and wait for slow flashing green led.

Am I doing something wrong or is a little drift ok. 10 - 12 feet can mean hanging up in a tree.

Thanks!

Brian

I get the same thing, but to the right. The magnetic declination is 13W where I live. What is the declination where you are?

Aw crap. I'm in Seattle, 16 degrees East...

Ugh. Knowing it to be the case I'll have to adjust course accordingly when planning a hover. On a positive note, I'm moving to Mexico in a couple of months so the declination will drop to 4 degrees East.

Thanks for the heads up!

Brian

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic