Aircraft disconnects from app after firmware upgrade

Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced this? I upgraded the firmware on my P3 Standard this past weekend. It failed on the first attempt and then seemed to succeed on the second attempt. Now the aircraft will only stay connected to the DJI Go app for about a minute or two and then it dropped it's connection. The RC stays connected to the app but not the aircraft. I have relinked the RC to the aircraft several times while troubleshooting. I deleted and reinstalled the app. Nothing seems to do anything. Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sorry to say it, but welcome to the club. There are many P3S owners who have been disabled in one form or another after this last upgrade. If you simply can't link to the craft, you may be able to do a simple relinking of the controller to the bird.

Good luck. I hope DJI will issue a more stable firmware which will correct our problems, but I worry that damage may only be fixed by sending back to DJI

Sorry to say it, but welcome to the club. There are many P3S owners who have been disabled in one form or another after this last upgrade. If you simply can't link to the craft, you may be able to do a simple relinking of the controller to the bird.

Good luck. I hope DJI will issue a more stable firmware which will correct our problems, but I worry that damage may only be fixed by sending back to DJI
Thanks for the reply. I relinked several times and that didn't seem to address the issue. The controller seems to communicate fine with the aircraft. I am able to start\stop the motors and lift off and land. It's just the aircraft dropping the connection to the app.

I tried several DJI online chat sessions and that was pretty much a waste of time. It takes 15 minutes to get a response to everything. Carrier pigeon would be quicker. I will try to call them tomorrow in hopes of getting this rectified without sending it to them for repairs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers