Aircraft Disconnect - Is This A Trending Problem?

Reaction score
I have a phantom three standard as my fun drone. I throw it up in the air all the time just ripping around the sky practicing, and do my serious stuff with my Mavic. My last two out of five flights the drone has become disconnected with the GO app. I calibrated the drone, it's about 50°, batteries are full charged, nothing has changed on my end for ensuring I'm doing everything properly. The only thing I can imagine has changed is the application software.

Is anybody else seeing this problem? Luckily I had my drone in line of sight about an eighth of a mile away and I could turn it around and bring it right back to me. Had it not been visible, no interface to the drone worked except the stick commands. Not even RTH, the app was completely greyed out. I'm certain if I hadn't had visual contact I would've lost it.

Now I have no confidence with the GO application like I've had for months. What's changed???

I had two disconnects the other day which was the first time I have ever had a disconnect with the IOS version of GO. In my case however, I think it was self induced. My first one was right after takeoff, so I landed, restarted the controller and reconnected. Took off again and flew out a couple hundred feet and disconnected again. Came back and landed and then noticed my antennas were still folded up. Did not have an issue after I flipped them up. I would have expected a low signal warning but did not get one. Been fine since.

Correct me if I am wrong, I probably could have just turned the transmitter off and my P4 would have simply came home. Still, it freaked me out just a tad!

True, a hard shutdown of the controller "should" bring it back home at the preset RTH altitude. Also, I re-educated myself on the left-hand toggle switch return to home feature. Lesson learned, don't forget the control fail safe RTH toggle!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4