Aircraft Antennae Mod

Reaction score
When my heading is away from Home Point I have very a good signal. As I Yaw around towards me I lose signal. I'm just wondering if there is a simple mod like rabbit ears or something that would clear up this directional problem. Or , Do the antennae's have to be tucked into the legs of the drone ? Would letting them flop around loose help ?

Leave the antennas tucked in on the bird. They are omni directional.

If you wanted omni directional antennas on your transmitter, you'd simply buy a kit like this:

3x6dBi WiFi Dual Band RP-SMA Antenna+3 U.fl Cable Mod Kit for Netgear WNR3500Lv2 | eBay

And install like this:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

or

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Are you saying that these antennas are better than the stock?

When my heading is away from Home Point I have very a good signal. As I Yaw around towards me I lose signal. I'm just wondering if there is a simple mod like rabbit ears or something that would clear up this directional problem. Or , Do the antennae's have to be tucked into the legs of the drone ? Would letting them flop around loose help ?
I use to have the very same issue until I did my birdside antenna mod.
Check out this thread. Birdside antenna mod version 2.0.

Reactions: RadRocket
Sorry, should have been more clear. When I mentioned the legs of the aircraft I thought it was obvious. Definitely going to get these birdside antennaes[/QUOTE]

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31