Aiming at the Drone when in flight. How to?

That screenshot is the Android version of the app on a Nexus 7.
The differences are minor.
Play around with the radar displaw and it should all make sense.
It shows if your Phantom is behind or in front of you, left or right etc.
i-2ZhKQ83-M.png

Thanks again for the post. Flew this weekend and was able to emulate the drone being "out" of direct line via the radar map.. Guess I've been pointing fairly well up to this point. :) Definitely a plus... So now the next logical question is, with something like the Itelite and is 180 degree panel, will this still help in being "centered" on the drone? Also found out that "dead center" is really the right rear leg of the aircraft as you're looking at it from behind (at least it would appear on close up testing). :)

Also found out that "dead center" is really the right rear leg of the aircraft as you're looking at it from behind (at least it would appear on close up testing). :)
The right rear is the compass.
The P3 Advanced and Pro have a Lightbridge antenna in each leg which helps give all round coverage.

Yeah, I read people tried that and it didn't work as you mentioned...I should have done more research before buying it...I really don't understand why some here suggest buying it or even say it's a good tablet for this purpose without the compass working...I went cheap and that is what I get...I'm going to buy a iPad pro 9.7 with cellular data, GPS, working compass and probably one of the better tablets as far as anti glare...
The iPad mini 4 is great. Great resolution and has built in anti-glare screen. I almost never use the map in full view anymore. I fly almost always in FPV mode. I found a refurbished model from Drone Geeks for $259.

The iPad mini 4 is great. Great resolution and has built in anti-glare screen. I almost never use the map in full view anymore. I fly almost always in FPV mode. I found a refurbished model from Drone Geeks for $259.

Media Devil makes an excellent anti-glare screen for iPad Mini II (and other devices)... Will the glossy screen look different, yes, but that's kinda the point. :) A two pack is $12 I think..

The right rear is the compass.
The P3 Advanced and Pro have a Lightbridge antenna in each leg which helps give all round coverage.

Interesting.. Don't think I knew that. It is interesting to watch though (when in close proximity) that the red triangle is centered when pointing at the right rear leg.. I'm talking a couple of feet away as though you might be in the flight simulator mode.

Media Devil makes an excellent anti-glare screen for iPad Mini II (and other devices)... Will the glossy screen look different, yes, but that's kinda the point. :) A two pack is $12 I think..
I tried a plastic anti-glare screen on my iPad and it is a help, but the resolution is also a big issue. There are still bubbles, and I don't know why but it attracts dust particles out of the air. Every time I would lift up the screen to clear off the dust, new ones would appear as I lowered the plastic back down. Made me crazy and gave up as long as they were close to the edge.

Using a glass protector is not cheap and can affect how a screen cover works so having the integrated anti-glare plus the great resolution makes a huge difference. I honestly don't even need a hood. I just use it to keep the iPad cool. The min 4 is really worth it, especially if you search for a reconditioned one.

I tried a plastic anti-glare screen on my iPad and it is a help, but the resolution is also a big issue. There are still bubbles, and I don't know why but it attracts dust particles out of the air. Every time I would lift up the screen to clear off the dust, new ones would appear as I lowered the plastic back down. Made me crazy and gave up as long as they were close to the edge.

Using a glass protector is not cheap and can affect how a screen cover works so having the integrated anti-glare plus the great resolution makes a huge difference. I honestly don't even need a hood. I just use it to keep the iPad cool. The min 4 is really worth it, especially if you search for a reconditioned one.

It takes a bit to get it right.. Trick is to run water in bathroom shower for a bit.. dust absorbs water and sinks to ground.. :) Apply on toilet cover.. I know doesn't sound appealing but works. :)

OK, that's freaky!!
Where is redhotpoker when you need him.
He knows this stuff :)
Hahaha, I only frequent this earthen planet for the fresh greens & veggie burgers, I don't actually live here. ;-)
Is that a garden variety gnome or only another shy alien?
Been meaning to rYde over to www.Ghost-Armor.com in the mall, and buy a piece of matte antireflective film.
That should about fix my glaring iPad Air 2 Cellular screen, from the Sun star.
Although having a mirror in the field is nice, I only need it to check myself out once. Hahaha

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
Yeah I ended up getting an iPad Pro 9.7 and its great...I like the anti-glare screen...I think its something like 50% less glare and the compass actually works...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31