AHHHH what happened!?!?!?

Reaction score
So I increased my altitude limit today and went up 560ft. Which is respectable but I'm sure it can do more. But I lost video feed and the dji go app just completely disconnected. Then it told me my return to home command had timed out. My transmitter signal completely went away but I still had full wifi signal. I was able to just lower the altitude until I ended up landing it. I just don't feel I'm getting the range I should be. I had my antenna pointed straight out due to the Phantom being right above me. I was in a big open field and don't think there was any reason to lose signal. Any ideas? Any suggestion for a cheap mod that could give me better range? Thanks guys

Watch the video about radio signals Dji made. Straight above you is a bad place to be.

I can't find that video....do you have a link? I guess I wasn't right above me, probably about 25ft out but that might not make any difference.

I had my antenna pointed straight out due to the Phantom being right above me. I was in a big open field and don't think there was any reason to lose signal. Any ideas? Any suggestion for a cheap mod that could give me better range? Thanks guys
Here's the cheapest mod to give you better range - don't fly straight up above yourself.
You get optimum radio signal propagation when your controller antenna is parallel to and facing the Phantom antennas in its legs.
This is impossible to achieve straight up and the further you go, the worse it gets.
It's all about angles.
Fly out away from yourself - not straight up.

Reactions: kirby
Here the video

Reactions: kirby

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl