Ahhh, welcome back F/W 1.1.9

Did you check with the aircraft on? I found that my TX was 1.2.8 but my P3A was 1.1.9. I have not updated either fw. Go figure.
I just verified it. With bird, rc and ipad on and connected (in Ready to Fly mode) it reports as firmware 1.2.8, app v1.2.0.

To elaborate, I've only flown her about 10 times so far. And after a handful of flight, turned off Beginner mode (I at least had several years practice with a Parrot AR Drone) but have currently limited myself to 200M for height and 250M for distance. So it's never been more than about 750 ft away from me (training wheels!)

I guess my question still remains, so far everything "seems" to be working correctly with my P3A on 1.2.8 but with SO many complaints here, it makes me wonder what is so broken now that would be fixed/better if I downgraded to 1.1.8? Have I just not flown far enough away to experience 1.2.x issues?

To Rob
Here are links to 1.1.8 & 1.1.9
http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/phantom_3/en/Phantom_3_Advanced_Firmware_v1.1.8_en.zip

http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/phantom_3/en/Phantom_3_Advanced_Firmware_v1.1.9_en.zip

These firmware versions only need be done on the aircraft and you don't have to touch the controller's existing firmware for them to work. Formatting the card on PC between downgrades/upgrades seems critical. On a mac, I used the: ExFat method to format within DiskUtility which worked fine. Not sure about how to downgrade Pilot App to get 32 channels. I've read it's easier on Android though.

Both of those links say they are for the Phantom 3 Advanced. I have the Pro model. Are there links to rollback FW for P3P?

Also still looking for older version of the Pilot app.

Well, there are people who are having no issues with 1.2.6 so you're likely to get more answers than one. If you have 1.2.6 installed and no issues... don't downgrade. If you are having problems go to 1.1.9. Test the different version yourself (with your specific device/setup) and see what works!

My P3A is back to 1.1.9!
Is it as simple as sticking the 1.1.9 fw on the micro card and turning on the bird like we did to upgrade to 1.2? Or do I have to erase 1.2 first? Can someone post the eraser file if that's the case? for P3A

EDIT: nvm, I found the service file

Last edited:
Guys, I just got my P3A a week ago and it came with firmware 1.2.8 so that's the only firmware I've ever flown. Other than one flight getting some video lag near the end of a flight in an extremely hot day (which I assumed was an overheated iPhone 6), I'm not sure I've had any issues but without older firmware flights to compare it to, I have I idea what to expect. If I get a good compass calibration, the drone hovers almost perfectly still, maybe drifts an inch or two at ten feet. Can anyone with experience with both old and new firmware give me an idea of what is worse with the new that I should be looking for? Thanks.

I'm the same. The only firmware I've flown with is 1.2.8. Am I missing something? I haven't had any issues yet and I wonder should I rollback for a better experience.

Thank you so much for posting all these.

So now I have the MVOM0Fw file which, as I understand it, is used to allow me to roll back to an earlier version of firmware. Do I load that on both the copter and the controller, or do we only care about the copter?

Then, after that file was loaded, I essentially have a blank slate and can load whichever old version of firmware I want to use.

that's how I understand it, so please correct me if I am wrong.

I am still not clear if getting back the 32 channels of video is a function of the firmware, or the app. If it's the app, then where can I find an old version of the DJI Pilot app?

Thank you again for all the help.
Bob

I am still not clear if getting back the 32 channels of video is a function of the firmware, or the app. If it's the app, then where can I find an old version of the DJI Pilot app?
I'm pretty sure it was the original version of the pilot app. The new Firmware DJI just released allows you to rollback to firmware 1.1.9 and later, but as of right now the only way you can go back to an older version of the Pilot App is to uninstall the version you have on your device and then find a copy of the Pilot App APK (for the version you want) and then install it. Make sure you have automatic update off or it will automatically update it back. I'm not familiar with all of the Pilot App versions, but I think it was the original that was out when the very first Phantom 3s were shipped (and didn't show P3 in the app, just Inspire) that had all 32 channels listed. Not sure where an older version can be found, but I'm sure someone has it... maybe ask in the Inspire Forums? Good Luck.

Wondering if you tried going down to 1.1.18? I also had good luck getting to 1.1.1.9 but the gold standard is really 1.1.1.8. I've tried several times using the MVOM0Fw.bin file followed by P3S_FW_V01.01.0008 bin but it won't seem to change from 1.1.19. Anyone had luck getting to 1.1.1.8 ?? I"d sure like to hear someone made it....................Reggie (Missy)

No at the moment I have not tried to. My drone originally came with 1.1.9, however, I am considering updating to the newest firmware as it apparently has many fixes. Hopefully if I experience any issues with it, downgrading won't be a pain.

Great. Thanks. I hadn't seen that.

1. Place the .bin file on a freshly formatted SD card (formatted from Windows, not the pilot app)
2. Put the SD card in the Phantom and power up. You will hear D -- D -- D -- D beeps for a couple of minutes. When you hear 1 long beep followed by 2 short beeps DD -- D -- D, it's ok to turn off the Phantom.
3. Format the SD card again and put the 1.1.9 .bin file on the card and put that into the Phantom.
4. Power on and listen to the beeps again in the same way.

Once done you can check to ensure you are on 1.1.9 in the pilot app under the About section. Be sure to calibrate the IMU and go through the checks as you normally would for any firmware update.

Hi Dronebow,

I follow the steps, but my phantom doesnt do anything... gilmabl indicator on green... back leds green... but nothing happen.... I use a fresh formated SD card... What can be going wrong? Im trying to do this because my phantom 3 advanced doesnt let me upgrade to any firmware... At minute 7 the error led start with a red light and the alarm continous sound...

Hi Dronebow,

I follow the steps, but my phantom doesnt do anything... gilmabl indicator on green... back leds green... but nothing happen.... I use a fresh formated SD card... What can be going wrong? Im trying to do this because my phantom 3 advanced doesnt let me upgrade to any firmware... At minute 7 the error led start with a red light and the alarm continous sound...
Hmm.. Not really sure. Maybe try a different SD card? I have seen several who had to try several times to get it to work. For sure there should be nothing else on that SD card though.

Can someone confirm if the file stil work to 1.5 or 1.4fw?

Want to roll back to 1.3.2....

Can someone confirm if the file stil work to 1.5 or 1.4fw?

Want to roll back to 1.3.2....

Sorry man, this is a Zombie Thread. The latest word from DJI is that you can only roll back to 1.4 FW. It seems to be that you cannot go back to 1.3 and be compatible with the GO software. I don't believe you can even get 1.3 to load once you are at 1.4.

Reactions: Mordor
Thanks.
I know that....but im desperate, because 1.4 and 1.5 are all bug for me.....

I just look a solution to "force" at least ti install to 1.3......:(

Reactions: Jeff48920
Sorry man, this is a Zombie Thread. The latest word from DJI is that you can only roll back to 1.4 FW. It seems to be that you cannot go back to 1.3 and be compatible with the GO software. I don't believe you can even get 1.3 to load once you are at 1.4.
Yes you can. I went from 1.4 to 1.3 with no problems.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1449407822.418314.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj