Ahhh, welcome back F/W 1.1.9

If anyone is interested on the remote version of the .bin file, here it is. Don't forget to unzip first.

Worked on my P3P remote, same method, went to 1.1.9.

Still having issues with "no signal" still though so I have no idea what is wrong. :mad:
If anyone is interested on the remote version of the .bin file, here it is. Don't forget to unzip first.

Worked on my P3P remote, same method, went to 1.1.9.

Still having issues with "no signal" still though so I have no idea what is wrong. :mad:

Have you tried IMU calibration?

Have you tried IMU calibration?

Yep! Rechecked all cables (inside and out), went outside to see if it was Wi-Fi interference problem, changed iPhone cables, airplane mode, hardware decode, and custom channels.

I see histogram changes and it's consistent with the lighting, but all I get is the no signal and every time I hit the shutter button the gimbal restarts (DDD-D-D).

Has anyone rolled back to 1.1.8 and noticed their FPV lag issues are gone? Be interested to know if people notice any difference on that front, as I've seen people reporting lag as soon as they went to 1.1.9 +.

? - Help needed for completing P3 firmware downgrade procedure... Thanks to all who have already offered files and advice on this subject, but there seems to be a wall of DJI coding preventing this working on my P3a. I've formatted card from computer, loaded:MVOM0Fw.bin to card, inserted card to my P3a, it beeps seemingly successfully, going from D -- D -- D -- D to D -- D -- D. After that, I once again format the card from computer, load P3S_FW_V01.01.0009.bin to card, insert card to my P3a, it does: gamble dance, one round of DD -- D -- D, then does no more sounds. After a while, I turn off battery, eject card, check text file from card on computer and get the line:The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft. See complete .txt. file contents below for review. Additionally, the dates on the text file make no sense. I also tried going from service file to 1.1.8 -no luck. It is as if the firmware on the P3a won't allow downgrade. My reasons for attempting downgrade are - extremely frequent "Disconnected" issues when very often app won't display anything the camera sees and when it does there is severe lag. For what it's worth, I've tried two different IOS devices (my iPhone 6+ and my wife's iPhone 6, each with three different cables) using latest pilot app 1.2.

Any ideas on how I can get firmware downgrade procedure to work will be greatly appreciated. Glad it has worked for others and curious what I'm doing wrong or how to break through my Ps3 staunchly resisting this procedure. Wish there was a reset button to flash the whole s'bang to factory presets.

The downgrade procedure was attempted 3x yesterday and most recently this morning 7:30am± EST 8/2/15 and here is today's firmware status text file (note today's date does not even show (is there a clock set for the P3?):
Result: Success.

========== 2015.06.15 21:39:49 =====================
Packet: P3S_FW_V01.02.0007.bin
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3S_FW_V01.02.0008.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

========== 2015.06.19 08:36:31 =====================
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

========== 2015.06.19 08:42:35 =====================

Packet: P3S_FW_V01.01.0009.bin

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:13 remo-con disconnect======
Result: Failed.
Reboot the aircraft and try to upgrade the firmware again.

Packet: P3S_FW_V01.01.0008.bin

Last edited:
Hi Friends, Mostly Ignore the above post. This morning, after what was around the 8th attempt, my P3a accepted the service file. I tried 2 different micro-SD cards, then used the 16gb lexar (stock) and it took the service file, then I tried 1.1.9 firmware, still had disconnects and lag, then went to 1.1.8 and so far (fingers crossed) it is working the best it has for the last 60 days. Only remnant trouble is horizon tilt.

Last edited:
Happy Days! Did 2 flights after downgrading to 1.1.9. Just like when I first got it with all the smoothness, stability and responsiveness I remember. I will NOT be the unwary beta tester when the next firmware update hits the streets. What was DJI thinking?

Guys, I just got my P3A a week ago and it came with firmware 1.2.8 so that's the only firmware I've ever flown. Other than one flight getting some video lag near the end of a flight in an extremely hot day (which I assumed was an overheated iPhone 6), I'm not sure I've had any issues but without older firmware flights to compare it to, I have I idea what to expect. If I get a good compass calibration, the drone hovers almost perfectly still, maybe drifts an inch or two at ten feet. Can anyone with experience with both old and new firmware give me an idea of what is worse with the new that I should be looking for? Thanks.

Awe Poopy Pants! Though I was able to downgrade to 1.1.9 (still had Disconnects & Lag), then down to 1.1.8 and thought all was well yesterday (other than tilted horizon, which straightened out after IMU & Compass Calibrations), then wound up having some disconnects yesterday. I wondered if IMU cal could have introduced those. Now this morning, getting Lag and Disconnects again. It's gotta be a defective bird - Yes/No? A friend mentioned Intelligent UAS or Dronefly as authorized service centers that might do warranty work w/o sending to DJI. Will call them today.

Update 8/3/15, according to Drone Nerds this morning (they sound great to work with BTW), they will once again be authorized do DJI warranty work late August for an east coast US warranty repair option.

Last edited:
Agree. Ask someone with a Ipad Air 2 or 3, to try and use it.
I did it to confirm the problem was on my phone....and not P3.

Guys, I just got my P3A a week ago and it came with firmware 1.2.8 so that's the only firmware I've ever flown. Other than one flight getting some video lag near the end of a flight in an extremely hot day (which I assumed was an overheated iPhone 6), I'm not sure I've had any issues but without older firmware flights to compare it to, I have I idea what to expect. If I get a good compass calibration, the drone hovers almost perfectly still, maybe drifts an inch or two at ten feet. Can anyone with experience with both old and new firmware give me an idea of what is worse with the new that I should be looking for? Thanks.

Did you check with the aircraft on? I found that my TX was 1.2.8 but my P3A was 1.1.9. I have not updated either fw. Go figure.

I am interested in getting back to a combination of firmware and App that both get me back all the lost video channels AND will allow me to try some of the SDK developed apps for the P3P. I upgraded to 1.2.6 and frequently lose my video well before I run out of RC range, I also can't try any third party apps like Ultimate Flight or any of the others because 1.2.6 took away support for SDK.

I have the MVOM0Fw bin file, but that's it at the moment. So here are my questions:

1. Where do I get the older FW for the P3P?
2. Is that 1.1.8 or 1.1.9 for the P3P?
3. Will it give me back my 32 Video channels, or is that an app problem?
4. Where can I find the older app if I need to roll that back as well?
5. Will the bin file I have allow me to roll back both my copter and controller?

I really appreciate any input from anyone who has done this. I really can't afford to brick anything because I don't understand how to do the procedure, and I'm a bit lost on where to get the older files.

Thank you!

To Coherent and Mordor- Thanks! , Tried wife's ip6 and still had disconnects & lag, but will try one of the iPad models you mentioned very soon, I have a friend with an inspire who has an iPad that he says mostly works but occasionally gets disconnects.

Mordor, what model phone did you have the trouble on?

Wondering if it's iOS/pilot app compatibility. I'm on 8.4 btw. As an update, because of even having problems with the older firmwares, I went back up to 1.2.8 this morning without doing any calibration of any sort and the bird flew flawlessly, no disconnects, no lag! Who knows if it will flake out again next flight. I swear the IMU calibration is messing with with this bird. With the fresh firmware it works great then once I do the IMU calibration, it behaves funky. I'm tempted to fly without it and just keep the thing in sight.

To Rob
Here are links to 1.1.8 & 1.1.9
http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/phantom_3/en/Phantom_3_Advanced_Firmware_v1.1.8_en.zip

http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/phantom_3/en/Phantom_3_Advanced_Firmware_v1.1.9_en.zip

These firmware versions only need be done on the aircraft and you don't have to touch the controller's existing firmware for them to work. Formatting the card on PC between downgrades/upgrades seems critical. On a mac, I used the: ExFat method to format within DiskUtility which worked fine. Not sure about how to downgrade Pilot App to get 32 channels. I've read it's easier on Android though.

Last edited:
You welcome!
Some considerations:
AFTER ANY FLASH you MUST calibrate IMU!!!!!! It should be done in a very COOL temperature, and imedialty after turn ON. Check treads about IMU best way to do it...

The phone i have is a Oppo Find 7A, with a SnapDragon quad (2.3MHZ) and a GPU Adreno 330.
It seems i solve my problems after clean "Google Services" updates....and so far, so good.

Any way im waiting for a cheap tablet from China.
About Pilot APP, im using old one 1.1.0......and FW 1.1.9 (original):
Flawless so far!

I just bought my P3P, from amazon, I should get it in a day or two...any idea what FW it might have when I open it up? sorry for the brief hijack....should i be hoping for 1.1.9?

Yep...some say so....
Don`t forget to make a IMU calibration, before the first fly! Check on treads how to do it the rifght way!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4