Agisoft with P4P settings

Reaction score
Hello,
Wondering if anyone uses Agisoft package to build orthomosaics.
I use it with pictures taken with Phantom 4 Pro, however, my result image is far from good, getting "wavy" rooftops and so. What settings for agisoft do u use? Im on dronedeploy planning with 80% overlaps settings.
Thanks

Can you post an example? Is it just rooflines, or are other elements in your map also distorted? If there are enough features in your map to tell that the lines are distorted, there should be enough for generating a good ortho. Did you run the same images through another program like DD or Maps made easy?

I had similar issues with a map I was trying to make. Using the pro free version of photoscan, then comparing to drone deploy and maps made easy. Photoscan was the only one that had the issues. I am wondering if it has something to do with our hardware not up to completely processing it corectly

I think you need to review your Agisoft photoscan workflow, many different options when generating an orthomosaic, and prior to, for example when generating the orthomosaic did you use the DEM surface, planar or Geographic projection? Must admit Pix4D is a lot slicker and produced better output for me when I was evaluating various products.

Last edited:
Pix4D is a lot slicker and produced better output
We've been using both for work and PS has tended to give us better results and seems to be comparable to the Semi-Global matching that Pix has as a $10k add-on. Pix has a slicker interface, but I think that PS is better under the hood. Of course, there's a lot of tweaking that can be done in both, so it pays to know more than the basic settings.

You'll get your best results by classifying your point cloud to remove vegetation and buildings, then build your mesh, then create your ortho from the mesh. This has the effect of giving the ortho a flat surface to wrap to and reduces the amount of folding and warping to match the 3D model. Other software may automatically wrap the ortho to a DTM (quasi-bare earth) versus the DSM (includes buildings and trees).

Another trick is to add manual tie points to areas that are slightly warped, this can help the software understand the 3D relationship between photos better.

Reactions: axelz
Yes, Ive tried same pics with dronedeploy and menci aps and got good results with straight stuff, just some power wires were cut (guess its still fine for 250m height).

We've been using both for work and PS has tended to give us better results and seems to be comparable to the Semi-Global matching that Pix has as a $10k add-on. Pix has a slicker interface, but I think that PS is better under the hood. Of course, there's a lot of tweaking that can be done in both, so it pays to know more than the basic settings.

You'll get your best results by classifying your point cloud to remove vegetation and buildings, then build your mesh, then create your ortho from the mesh. This has the effect of giving the ortho a flat surface to wrap to and reduces the amount of folding and warping to match the 3D model. Other software may automatically wrap the ortho to a DTM (quasi-bare earth) versus the DSM (includes buildings and trees).

Another trick is to add manual tie points to areas that are slightly warped, this can help the software understand the 3D relationship between photos better.

Good points, did get better results by doing what you suggest re classification of point cloud in Agisoft, but PIX4D does a lot of this automatically, as well as generating DTM's itself, so a simpler and quicker workflow, though at greater cost!

Good points, did get better results by doing what you suggest re classification of point cloud in Agisoft, but PIX4D does a lot of this automatically, as well as generating DTM's itself, so a simpler and quicker workflow, though at greater cost!
Well, dronedeploy provides awesome results aswell, and yet, its not that expensive. However, its a cloud processing service, which is unacceptable for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen