Agisoft Photoscan - Altitude

Reaction score
I recently took a series of photos with Altizure and processed in Photoscan. This was the first time for me and I'm not sure about how the altitude measurement works - but I'm assuming it's important for measuring distance and so on. I had set Altizure for a altitude of 70m AGL. Photoscan is showing the Exif data at 293 which I assume is feet as I was set for imperial. 293 feet is 89 meters. ASL here is about 403 feet.

When processing photos is it a good idea to get a exif editor and change the altitude to the appropriate AGL height in meters?

Thanks,
Fred

I recently took a series of photos with Altizure and processed in Photoscan. This was the first time for me and I'm not sure about how the altitude measurement works - but I'm assuming it's important for measuring distance and so on. I had set Altizure for a altitude of 70m AGL. Photoscan is showing the Exif data at 293 which I assume is feet as I was set for imperial. 293 feet is 89 meters. ASL here is about 403 feet.

When processing photos is it a good idea to get a exif editor and change the altitude to the appropriate AGL height in meters?
How well did Photoscan handle it?
Up to firmware 1.4 DJI showed barometer data for the altitude in Exif but for some unknown reason they changed to (completly unreliable) GPS (asl) altitude data from 1.5 on.
They still have the barometer data but in a different field in the Exif.
This has been a problem for quite a while now and Agisoft may have worked out a way to deal with it?

Here is a link to the exported model. The model itself within Photoscan looks a lot better however there is a lot of artifacting on edges. The roof of the house looks like it has icicles hanging down everywhere. To be fair, although I have about 195 photos I was only able to get shots in a East to West grid. I didn't get the North to South passes because of low light and low battery.

Fred Prop 1 by fredlef - 3D model

It appears the exif/elevation issue has not been resolved? I am in talks with Agisoft currently about how to resolve this problem. Same thing the vertical models look good with themselves but are well-off the correct MSL. I wonder if this is something that can simply be vertically translated to the correct height with photo scan or another software? If there is a simple solution to it I have not found one. I am using ground control points For processing.
It appears the exif/elevation issue has not been resolved? I am in talks with Agisoft currently about how to resolve this problem. Same thing the vertical models look good with themselves but are well-off the correct MSL. I wonder if this is something that can simply be vertically translated to the correct height with photo scan or another software? If there is a simple solution to it I have not found one. I am using ground control points For processing.

ANY PROGRESS ON THIS?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj